• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6 Vs Nexus 6P-Witch Is Better?

D

Deleted User

So this thread is going to discuss eitch is better and witxh is better for you to buy overall based on your preferences.

So we are going to discuss pros and cons of both and i own both devices so i can accurately tell you what these are so lets get started!

Nexus 6 (shamu):

Pros:

• Display is big so you'll find playing or viewing apps is quite pleasing to view even if you have big fingers.

• Has 3GB of DDR4 RAM (1GB IN USE OF OS)

• Storage can go up to 64GB or higher depending in the model (mine is 32GB).

• Huge battey capacity 3000MAh

• Highly Supported in the development community so you will find all kinds of ROMS to install and is officially supported by LineageOS up to LineageOS 16.0+.

• Dual front facing speakers.

• Fast Charging Supported.

• Specs: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 2.67GHz 4 Core CPU with a Qualcomm Adreno 420 600MHz GPU using a 32-Bit Arch armeabi-v7a,armeabi.

• Decent Camera but a little outdated for its time, but still a good camera.

• Audio jack is in a perfect place insead of being in the bottom it's placed on the top middle of the device.

• Supports USB OTG devices such as external storage etc.

• Supports Wireless Fast Charging.

• Official TWRP Supported.

• Bootloader is easy to unlock and no security notice on every boot.

• Support USB Type-A Micro USB Input

Cons:

• Battery Life isn't the best as their is a faulty with the battery this is normal for the stock battery and when the device hits below 50% or even lower than 50% the device will randomly shutdown and assume the battery is dead, can be replaced but this is a faulty that google has not addressed and will never address at all!

• USB Type-A Micro USB port is open to break due to it's lack of support to keep it from breaking (this hasn't happend to me yet but experienced devices with the same USB tyoe as this device has).

• Dual Audio speakers do sound great but they do tend to flexuate from time to time and can last up to 15 to 25 seconds each time it happens this can be patched via software to an extent to help but this is more of a hardware issue then a software issue, this also affects calls because the other user on the other end can hear echos, but this can be patched via software end.

• This device is running a 32-Bit arch and runs great but unfortunately you lose the ability to use Vulkan OpenGL witch some newer games require to run, but isn't a deal breaker.

• Touch Screen is slighty too sensitive this causes small issues so when you scroll down on a page or in a app sometimes you will accidentally select an option you didn't want.

• No removable battery so it's a slight challenge to replace the components within your device without the proper tools and knowledge.

• No sdcard support so you wont be able to add additional storage.

• USB to HDMI output is NOT supported, unlike other devices MHL USB to HDMI is not supported.

• If your staying in stock OS this device is bloated with google stock apps and cannot be unistalled, and no new security patches are not being relased to this device.

• Device cannot view video content beyond 1080p but can render videos in software up to 4k but is not viewable within your device unless you upload it to youtube etc.

Nexus 6P (angler):

Pros:

• Great build quality feels similar to an iphone.

• Dual Audio Speakers that sounds better and works better then the OG Nexus 6.

• Great battery life (can lsst up to 5 to 8hrs depending on how you use it, it can last even longer).

• Audio Jack is on the top of the device witch is a good thing.

• Supports USB Type-C Connection.

• Specs: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 2.67GHz 8 Core CPU with a Qualcomm Adreno 430 600MHz GPU ruuning on a 64-Bit arch arm64-v8a,armeabi-v8a.

• 3GB of DDR4 RAM.

• Storage can come in up to 64GB (mine is the 64GB model).

• Has a dedicated Fingerprint sensor on the back witch the OG Nexus 6 did not have.

• Has bigger capacity then the OG Nexus 6 3220MAh

• Decently sized display and more better resolution then the OG Nexus 6.

• Really amazing camera(s) that is an improvement from the OG Nexus 6.

• Less bloatware on the stock OS and apps are uninstallable!

• Officially Supported By LineageOS up to 15.1 (their are ither sources to get a higher version on LineageOS but is unofficially supported).

• Has decent development community you can find alot of ROMS for this device.

• Officially Supported By: TWRP

• Bootloader is fairly easy to unlock.

• Support USB OTG devices such as external usb drives etc.

• The device has a rating of IP68 water resistance.

• Device supports OpenGL Vulkan Support and runs games and apps requiring it very well.

• Fast Charging Supported.

• Touch Sensitivity is better then the OG Nexus 6.

Cons:

• No Wireless Fast Charging Supported (means you can not fast charge this device with anykind of wireless charging accessory).

• No MHL USB to HDMI output support.

• No removable battery.

• No sdcard support this means you cannot add additional storage.

• Device cannot view video content beyond 1080p but can renders videos in software up to 4k but is not viewable within your device unless you upload it to youtube etc.

• Battery slightly decreases a bit faster due to the 8 Core CPU but i love it still.

• After unlocking the bootloader you will receive a notic about notifying you to relock the bootloader to check for corruption this is normal and does go away after a few seconds but can annoy you if your not used to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion the Nexus 6 was better. The Nexus 6 P and the Nexus 5X which were both launch together as I recall, were both plagued with problems. Rapid battery drain, boot loop issues.
The Nexus 6 was simply an incredible phone. A 5.96 inch screen, dual front facing speakers, headphone jack. It was a gaming/media master piece
The camera on the other hand:rolleyes:.
Another thing to consider is that the Nexus 6 was discontinue in 2015 with support running out semi officially in 2016. In 2017 it got Android N which was supposed to be the last software update and then in 2018 it received further support which was basically a small security patch or something to fix a bug
For me the deal breaker on the 6P was that camera hump. :thumbsdowndroid:

Upvote 0
In my opinion the Nexus 6 was better. The Nexus 6 P and the Nexus 5X which were both launch together as I recall, were both plagued with problems. Rapid battery drain, boot loop issues.
The Nexus 6 was simply an incredible phone. A 5.96 inch screen, dual front facing speakers, headphone jack. It was a gaming/media master piece
The camera on the other hand:rolleyes:.
Another thing to consider is that the Nexus 6 was discontinue in 2015 with support running out semi officially in 2016. In 2017 it got Android N which was supposed to be the last software update and then in 2018 it received further support which was basically a small security patch or something to fix a bug
For me the deal breaker on the 6P was that camera hump. :thumbsdowndroid:
I agree but the bootloop only seemed to happen on older models and i unlocked my 6p and no probkems except battery drain and its understandable that it drains so fast because the ohone has 8 cores with intense porocessing power

Reactions: joe71
Upvote 0
Personally I loved (still do) my N6 and although I've never had the 6P I never liked the design. The bulging camera was very ugly and a scratch magnet.

There were only 2 down sides to the N6. The 1st being that they never managed to get the finger print sensor due to apple apparently having the monopoly on suppliers.

The 2nd was not having a 1 handed mode on release. (Must have been a year before the keyboard had a 1 handed mode) That was one WIDE phone and even with my monster hands could never reach from one side to the other without jiggling the phone in my hand. Lol

I plugged mine in a few months ago and it started up perfectly with plenty of battery. Beautiful beast.. :p:cool:

:goofydroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones