• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6 will work on all major US carriers

They're essentially the same phones. The only difference are the bands for international and north america versions. Even the radio software are the same, down to the MD5 checksums. I assume it recognizes which version of the phone its on and runs whats needed.

Well I was stuck with the Vzw Gnex and back in my day each version had its own rom, meaning Vzw had a Rom1a, Sprint had Rom1b, ATT had Rom1c. So yea hopefully everyone can just make a rom and its good for all Nexu6 to run...

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Well I was stuck with the Vzw Gnex and back in my day each version had its own rom, meaning Vzw had a Rom1a, Sprint had Rom1b, ATT had Rom1c. So yea hopefully everyone can just make a rom and its good for all Nexu6 to run...

I've still got a Sprint Gnex laying around somewhere, so I know what you mean :eek: :rofl:

Based on everything we've seen so far, those GNEX days are long behind us.

We will get confirmation when the factory images are posted. If there is only 1, you know all devices are once again the same, and all ROMS will be compatible.

Upvote 0

On the Gnex, there was 3 distinct phone models (GSM GT-9250, Verizon i-515, and Sprint L700). With the Nexus 5, there is only one model for North America (D820).

Upvote 0
From today's Verizon chat -
Vz Rep -
I understand that other providers may have more information on the sale of the device, however I personally am not authorized to disclose any information on the sale of the device as far as Verizon Wireless is concerned. If you truly want that device I recommend that you call customer service so that they may be able to provide you more information pertaining to the device. Would you like their number to do so?
You:
Please pass a note from me to your supervisor that I really want this device soon... I would like to give my money to Verizon, but if they don't want to confirm they plan on selling a device that they apparently told Google and Motorola they would sell, then I will probably leave.
Vz Rep -
I will gladly let my supervisor know that sir, so not to worry. we'd love to see you continue your service with us a loyal, faithful customer. I am willing to bet you money that if you check back tomorrow on our site, we'll have more info on it tomorrow. does that sound alright to you?

Sounds alright to me!

And a bit later he repeated that I "Need to check back tomorrow" for information on the Nex6.

The Embargo ends tomorrow, right? Sounds like Vz will announce something then...

Upvote 0
From today's Verizon chat -

Sounds alright to me!

And a bit later he repeated that I "Need to check back tomorrow" for information on the Nex6.

The Embargo ends tomorrow, right? Sounds like Vz will announce something then...

Thanks for sharing this! Just hoping they actually do announce something tomorrow. It would give all of us Verizon folk an ease of mind.

I probably would have bet the Verizon Rep money though. You probably would have won. LOL

Upvote 0
I am kind of glad to see this. I got up this morning and checked the VZW website - no sign of Nex6. :(

If the embargo is not up till 10am PST, then there is still hope for a VZW announcement today.

A Vzw announcement, really? maybe a tweet or a side link on the site but theyre not doing anything to derail those crappy droid line...

Upvote 0
See post #82. Tweet, quiet launch, I don't care. I don't need a big VZW hoop-la, just sell me the dang phone!

I dont give a damn if they sky write it, cut it out in a corn maze, do commercials, a tweet, a presidential address, etc. I too just want a whisper to say yea we have the Nexu6... lmao

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Maybe we can pressure VZW to making some sort of announcement today. After the embargo is lifted, everyone go to @VZWnews and @Verizon and ask them for some sort of a statement or news. Here is what I tweeted to them today:

@Verizon Hoping for a BIG #NEXUS6 announcement today. Any hope in that?

And I tweeted this to @VZWSupport

@VZWSupport I bought a #NEXUS6 from Motorola because it supports #VZW's bands. Will it work out of the box when it gets here?

Reactions: kinfolk248
Upvote 0
Maybe we can pressure VZW to making some sort of announcement today. After the embargo is lifted, everyone go to @VZWnews and @Verizon and ask them for some sort of a statement or news. Here is what I tweeted to them today:

@Verizon Hoping for a BIG #NEXUS6 announcement today. Any hope in that?

And I tweeted this to @VZWSupport

@VZWSupport I bought a #NEXUS6 from Motorola because it supports #VZW's bands. Will it work out of the box when it gets here?

They'll send you a link to sign up to learn about exciting new phones. Lol

Upvote 0
They'll send you a link to sign up to learn about exciting new phones. Lol

hahhahah exactly what I was thinking!

Yeah, but couldn't hurt to try. An organized effort is better than an individual one or none at all.

I'm also following and speaking out here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/842091?start=20&tstart=0

I realize Kellex has already posted a video with the phone working on Verizon, but who knows if it will once the masses receive theirs.

By the time the Galaxy Nexus came out, I had called the corporate office and regional sales office so much that they knew me by name. I also got a $100 credit for the phone being delayed. Squeaky wheel. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones