• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6p Bootloop

I side loaded the March Security update. About a day & half later it went into a bootloop. All I can get into is Twrp. When I put the 6p on adb, and type adb devices, it will return my serial # and recovery. If I try to install or flash a file, the 6p will say no device or emulators. I heard there's a way to fix using the Emulator in Twrp. By writing some lines of code. I checked and everything is still inside my 6p storage. Maybe someone know what kind of bootloop I have and how to fix it.
Any help would be thankful

I side loaded the March Security update. About a day & half later it went into a bootloop. All I can get into is Twrp. When I put the 6p on adb, and type adb devices, it will return my serial # and recovery. If I try to install or flash a file, the 6p will say no device or emulators. I heard there's a way to fix using the Emulator in Twrp. By writing some lines of code. I checked and everything is still inside my 6p storage. Maybe someone know what kind of bootloop I have and how to fix it.
Any help would be thankful

What file have you tried to flash without success? You have a strange setup right now if your device is recognized in adb but you somehow can't use twrp. Do you have a nand backup you can restore?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey @Howard Falchick,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your 6P. Since you mention TWRP, can you tell us a bit more about your configuration? It's hard to troubleshoot an issue on a modified device without knowing where exactly everything sits.

Is your bootloader unlocked? If so, I would recommend that you manually flash the latest factory image. You'll lose your data in the process, but that approach has the best chance of restoring your phone to a known-good working configuration.

Edit: yeah, pretty much the things that @iowabowtech said :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones