1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 6P Dropped; screen off, no buttons work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ilyabyk83, Aug 20, 2017.

1. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 Well-Known Member

Hi Folks. Nexus 6P with a protective screen protector was accidently dropped from waist high onto a cement floor. Bounced off and landed face up. I pick it up, obviously the screen was off or just blank. Push that power button; no effect. Go to hook it up onto my desk dock, nothing, connect it to my PC, nothing. But, if I call it, it starts ringing (I can't pick it up because the screen is off)... What to do?? Thank You folks

2. Best Answer:
    Post #12 by lunatic59, Aug 20, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. James L

James L Android Expert

Replace the digitizer or get the screen and digitizer combo.

ilyabyk83 likes this.
  4. ilyabyk83

Easy for you to say. I have no clue what to get, where to get it, nor how to get this done. I know one thing, certainly can't do it myself. I need a pro, but where to find one? Who can tell help me physically?? Thanx

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I guess it depends on how much you want to try yourself.

If the glass isn't broken, I'd bet that the shock of impact knocked some of the component connectors loose inside. Enough that the screen is now disconnected. If it's still under warranty, I'd check to see if repair services were available. If it's out of warranty, you might want to take it apart yourself, although from what the teardown videos show, it's a pain to do.

If you're lucky, it's just a loose connection and you'll easily see it once you open it up.

Good Luck.

ilyabyk83 and codesplice like this.
  6. ilyabyk83

What about all of the tools needed?

Regardless, I can't do it myself. Just the thought off that, unfortunately I AM a handicap and do have few disabilities, I don't want to do myself. Where do I find a local pro and what exactly and where do I get??

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

New phone needed

8. lunatic59

It depends where you are located. Around the Philadelphia area (where I am) we have a good deal of local shops that fix electronics. I wouldn't go to a carrier store. They won't have techs on site and charge you a good penny to send it out, which you can do yourself.

How do you tell if a shop is fair and competent? That's a tough one. Recommendations from someone who has already used them would be a good place to start.

Remember, my 'diagnostic' was just a guess. If it is just a loose connection, you should only pay for labor to open it up and re-attach the cable. If it's something more serious, it could cost you more than the phone is worth to fix it, so make sure you get a best case/worst case price range, and then you can decide whether it's worth it or not.

codesplice and ilyabyk83 like this.
  9. ilyabyk83

10. ilyabyk83

Outside of Northeast of Philly. 19115. Thank you!!!

11. ilyabyk83

Hmmm... reviews?? Other people

PLEASE HELP?? 18966 or 19115 - can you PPPLLEEEAAASSSEEE at lease navigate me to only one?? Website I mean

12. ilyabyk83

Help please??

13. lunatic59

codesplice, mikedt and ilyabyk83 like this.
  14. ilyabyk83

lunatic59 likes this.
  15. lunatic59

Good luck. Let us know how you make out. :)

16. ilyabyk83

THANK YOU FOR THAT. Got it back working today. $180 though :-(

17. lunatic59

Happy to help. At least it's working. What was the problem?

18. ilyabyk83

The tech said this the most usual problem when the phone falls, and I agree. $160 :)

Nexus 6P Forum

The Nexus 6P release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews