• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6P problems - Random locking and over active noise cancellation

Mega Maniac

Lurker
May 26, 2011
Hi,

So I have had my Nexus 6P from launch int he UK, and I know there are very often early adopter bugs to be ironed out, but I have not been able to find any other people reporting these problems.. so...

Firstly the rear mic seems to either be very badly placed, or the noise cancellation is majorly over-active... or both. I have the Folio case and when its flipped open and held against the back of the phone my girlfriend constantly complains that I sound far away. This is solved by closing the case over the front of the phone, but this is really annoying and not how I like to use the phone at all. She has said similar things if I have been making noise nearby like opening plastic food wrappers.

The second one I can nail down, the phone is constantly locking itself during operation, case flipped open and it will just lock. Then if I press the power button and enter my PIN it will unlock but go to a black screen, pressing the power button again seemingly does nothing, pressing it again returns you to lock screen. The fingerprint reader will unlock it properly in this case, but when the case is flipped open it is often easier to use the pin.

Anyone else having these issues?

Hi,

So I have had my Nexus 6P from launch int he UK, and I know there are very often early adopter bugs to be ironed out, but I have not been able to find any other people reporting these problems.. so...

Firstly the rear mic seems to either be very badly placed, or the noise cancellation is majorly over-active... or both. I have the Folio case and when its flipped open and held against the back of the phone my girlfriend constantly complains that I sound far away. This is solved by closing the case over the front of the phone, but this is really annoying and not how I like to use the phone at all. She has said similar things if I have been making noise nearby like opening plastic food wrappers.

The second one I can nail down, the phone is constantly locking itself during operation, case flipped open and it will just lock. Then if I press the power button and enter my PIN it will unlock but go to a black screen, pressing the power button again seemingly does nothing, pressing it again returns you to lock screen. The fingerprint reader will unlock it properly in this case, but when the case is flipped open it is often easier to use the pin.

Anyone else having these issues?
I Figured out what the random locking was.

With the folio case there is something like a rfid tag within the front flap. This causes the phone to lock when the flap is closed. The problem is the flap activates this lock from behind the phone too, so when the flap is fully open and rubbed in the wrong way on the back it locks the phone.

Terrible design flaw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones