• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6P recharge problem

hstroph

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2012
My Nexus 6P has been such a good phone that I've been willing to deal with any problems, including replacing the battery earlier this year.

Today when I moved it from the car into the house, it would no longer charge, so I swapped wall warts and cables between the car's 500W AC inverter and the house with the same results, even with combinations of both. If the phone is powered down then the charge display lights (71% when powered down), but no additional charge is indicated even after several hours, nor does the charge display go dark after the initial indication..

I doubt that both chargers would fail on the same day, so does this mean that some internal component has failed? Is there anything else to try, please?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones