• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6P stuck in bootloop and not connecting to computer

On May 10th I installed the wrong vendor.img on my device it was for bullhead and mines is called angler but afterwards the TWRP said failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argument). I can access TWRP recovery and bootloader. I had adb and fastboot installed on my laptop that is running windows 10. I plug the phone into the computer, which is stuck in a bootloop that doesn't go pass the Google logo with the unlock symbol at the bottom, and I do not get a connecting from the computer. I do not see the device if I go into cmd and type adb devices or fastboot devices. nothing appears and I have been without a phone for a few days now. i want to revert back to the stock firmware since i have the bootloader unlocked but when i go to install the file, the message <waiting for any device> appears. I just want to connect my phone to the computer and how would i go about doing so? My nexus 6p has a .zip file on it for the nightly version of acip but when i try to flash it goes through the entire process but in the end says failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argument). I have wipe everything except my internal storage to see if that would work but nothing. I think if I can connect the phone to the computer while in fastboot I can take it from there but idk how to connect my phone to the computer. I have tried different ports and can't update drivers because the phone does not appear in the device manager.

Hi Joshua,

You're likely not going to be able to connect to the phone while it's actively bootlooping. The fastboot connection is only available while in the bootloader, and adb is only available while the Android operating system is already running. So if it's failing to boot at all, neither service will be running.

Can you try to boot into fastboot (press and hold the volume-down button while powering on the phone), and then try to connect with "fastboot devices" to see if it responds? If that works, you should be able to flash the correct factory image to get back to a bone-stock configuration without too much fuss.

Upvote 0
I can get to the bootloader but my computer doesn't recognize the phone when plugged in. When I open cmd window and type fastboot devices nothing appears. I can get to my TWRP recovery too but adb sideload doesn't work either. I know if I can get it to connect I can do something but my Nexus 6P is not recognized by my computer at all and I have tried on my laptop and desktop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones