• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6P update to OPP2.170420.019

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    The Android O preview for the Nexus 6P ended in 17 but I just got an update to that ending in 19... Anyone know what it does?

Someone else here at Google IO just updated and their phone errored on install. Luckily they could hard reboot into the former version

UPDATE: It errors for me, too... cannot install.

Last edited:
    Here is a screenie of the update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170518-174502.png
      Screenshot_20170518-174502.png
      431.9 KB · Views: 364
    Upvote 0
    The Android O preview for the Nexus 6P ended in 17 but I just got an update to that ending in 19... Anyone know what it does?

Someone else here at Google IO just updated and their phone errored on install. Luckily they could hard reboot into the former version

UPDATE: It errors for me, too... cannot install.
    I got an error and installed the factory images of the Android o beta 2 and I haven't got the update yet! Do you think I'll get it ?

Upvote 0
    I had installed the O image the other day, and my phone successfully updated to .019 yesterday. I wonder if being on a clean install versus an OTA upgrade contributed to my success?

At any rate, I've since discovered a downside to being on a clean install of O DP2: Some of the Google apps (namely the Google App and Google Maps) don't see updates in the Play Store and are stuck on older factory versions. Worse, trying to sideload newer versions of those apps (like to get the new keyboard input option for Assistant) fails. This seems to be because some of the system apps bundled with O were built with a pre-release SDK, which prevents them from being updated to release versions. The fix (unless/until Google pushes another OTA with fixed packages included) is to downgrade back to Nougat, update those apps, and then upgrade back to O via the OTA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones