1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 7.2 - Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwgraves62, Jul 28, 2013.

1. jwgraves62

jwgraves62 Newbie

I've tried the one-click method to get root on my new Nexus 7.2 and it fails. Anyone know a way to get on this new device?

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Android Enthusiast

I did it "manually" from my Fedora box with adb and fastboot and wot-not. Worked pretty much the same as it did on my original Nexus 7:

Nexus 7 Hacking

Just be sure to get a recovery designed for the new nexus 7 ("flo" for me) and not the old one.

3. jwgraves62

jwgraves62 Newbie

Wow! I'm hoping there's a much simpler method than that one. I'll wait a bit. Thanks for the link though.

4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

I must have had the wrong recovery because after I flashed it, booting into recovery just got me the Google screen, it never went beyond that. I'll scour Claghorn's link and try again because I miss my root!

5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

As it turns out, you have to boot straight into recovery from fastboot instead of allowing the device to reboot. At least, that's how I got a custom recovery to work.

6. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Well-Known Member

When unlocking select your model. When rooting choose the *.* option. That's how i got it to root.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews