• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 2 Specs (bestbuy leak)

Drogyn

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2012
It's on the bestbuy website now!!!

Google - Nexus 7 7 inch Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - NEXUS7-ASUS-2B16

Warranty Terms - Parts 1 year
Warranty Terms - Labor 1 year limited
Product Height 0.3"
Product Width 7.9"
Product Weight 11.2 oz.
Product Depth 4.5"
Processor Brand Qualcomm
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon
Processor Speed 1.5GHz
Battery Type 1-cell lithium-polymer
Display Type High-definition LCD 10-finger capacitive touch screen with IPS technology, 300 cd/m

Reactions: mike1329 and RichSz
I noticed it doesn't say anything about the wireless charging that I have heard mentioned... Hoping it's an oversight. Never got the first one, but the kindle I had died because that usb port messed up and I couldn't charge it anymore, so wireless charging would be a bonus in my eyes.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm. No Adobe Flash and no SD slot.... Is this mixed up with the new iPad Mini? :) ;)

adobe flash hasn't been officially supported since android 4.0 and google hasn't had an sd slot on there devices since what... the Nexus 1 or something? :p js ;). But if they started selling it for $400+ for the base model then maybe it could become the new iPad mini :p

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
adobe flash hasn't been officially supported since android 4.0 and google hasn't had an sd slot on there devices since what... the Nexus 1 or something? :p js ;). But if they started selling it for $400+ for the base model then maybe it could become the new iPad mini :p

All Flash sites work great (including Amazon Prime and Southpark Studios) on my Excite 7.7, TF 300, Nook HD+ and S4 and Adobe STILL updates the app and places it in their archives. Latest Dolphin works great with Flash and should with the N7 2. Just funny how Flash and SD cards were a point of differentiation pushed by Android a few years ago and now both are dead to them. Edit: They never liked sd cards for apps though- just media (I agree with that).

Well, Flash should work, unless 4.3 takes steps to not let it work. 4.2.2 tried, but app devs and Adobe quietly got around it.

Added:

Seriously though, if Google really wanted to kill all competition, all they have to do is add an SD slot. There is a reason the S4 and other tablets still have sd slots. A lot of consumers want the feature.

Upvote 0
Cool,apart from the screen and CPU being faster,are there any other differences?

Slimmer build and newer radio chip are a few new things besides charging and 2GB ram mentioned. This thing will sell HUGE. The used market for the N7 1 will be huge as well.

Heck, even with no SD slot, even I am tempted. Just as long as root is easy, so I can get rid of that gosh awful fixed navigation bar making a 7" display really a 6.4" display for app use.

OTG will take care of the media concerns.

BTW, why is the Quadrant score about 60% less than the S4? The clock speed should acount for 20% less at worse it seems.

Upvote 0
All Flash sites work great (including Amazon Prime and Southpark Studios) on my Excite 7.7, TF 300, Nook HD+ and S4 and Adobe STILL updates the app and places it in their archives. Latest Dolphin works great with Flash and should with the N7 2. Just funny how Flash and SD cards were a point of differentiation pushed by Android a few years ago and now both are dead to them. Edit: They never liked sd cards for apps though- just media (I agree with that).

Well, Flash should work, unless 4.3 takes steps to not let it work. 4.2.2 tried, but app devs and Adobe quietly got around it.

Yea it is something interesting to think about although pretty much from the begging google didn't have sdcards on their nexus line. Although all OEMs did put sdcard slots on their phones, but now a days it seems most OEMs besides Samsung is trying to phase out sdcards :p. As for flash ymmv. It isn't supported on OSes higher than 4.0, but that doesn't mean that it won't work ;) and yes it is still being updated... For 4.0 officially... eventually it will stop working on android though. but tbh most big sites have switched to HTML5 anyways...

Seriously though, if Google really wanted to kill all competition, all they have to do is add an SD slot. There is a reason the S4 and other tablets still have sd slots. A lot of consumers want the feature.

Ehh you could say that it would kill all competition, but in all reality the iPhone is the highest selling smartphone and yet it has never had an sdcard slot. I mean sure a lot of people need an sdcard especially when not everyone has unlimited data and then google and everyone expects people to rely on the cloud... But the fact of no sdcard is one reason I'm gonna get the 32gb Nexus 7 :p

Upvote 0
Yea it is something interesting to think about although pretty much from the begging google didn't have sdcards on their nexus line. Although all OEMs did put sdcard slots on their phones, but now a days it seems most OEMs besides Samsung is trying to phase out sdcards :p. As for flash ymmv. It isn't supported on OSes higher than 4.0, but that doesn't mean that it won't work ;) and yes it is still being updated... For 4.0 officially... eventually it will stop working on android though. but tbh most big sites have switched to HTML5 anyways...

Ehh you could say that it would kill all competition, but in all reality the iPhone is the highest selling smartphone and yet it has never had an sdcard slot. I mean sure a lot of people need an sdcard especially when not everyone has unlimited data and then google and everyone expects people to rely on the cloud... :p

Not Southpark Studios- The most important site ever. It is Flash.

"But the fact of no sdcard is one reason I'm gonna get the 32gb Nexus 7" .... That is so wrong. I think I need to shower.

Upvote 0
Not Southpark Studios- The most important site ever. It is Flash.

"But the fact of no sdcard is one reason I'm gonna get the 32gb Nexus 7" .... That is so wrong. I think I need to shower.

meh. I personally do like having an sdcard slot but in the big picture most people don't need one. That is all I am saying...

Upvote 0
I really wish the screen size was closer to 8 inches but it is still a great size, 32gb is plenty for me, but wouldn't mind a sd card slot, but a Nexus will never have one.

I would love to see an official smart cover like the ipads released for this, but I doubt we will ever see anything. Or if the after market ones would release one like the ipads, without it having to be a full case, just a cover.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones