• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 2013 (Android 6) stuck in start up animation

i am going to tell you something...

this point to a physical hardware malfunction (broken connector)
BUT i am going to tell you, i am almos 95%sure that this device has een that way ALL THE TIME!
and it was working "fine", just that when the OS was not up the microusb of the device was completly dead, only for charging

i mention, i accidentally have connected into fast mode years and or months ago and i remember that the computer detected nothing, i remember that because i remember to have assumed that "this tablet is like wood piece when usb plugged without the OS loaded, that means that i remember the PC sense NOTHING throu the usb connection when te tablet was OFF or in fastboot.

Upvote 0
yes, it is connected, and it fastboot

100_4253.jpg

Upvote 0
So open a command prompt (press ctrl-R and type cmd in the run box)

Then change your directory to where you have fastboot.exe and type
Code:
fastboot devices

What does it say?

o_O
what?

first.. if i hit ctrl + R... it will refresh this page (thats the shortcut for refresh)
anyway i guess i understand you wanted me to open the black windows where funny things are writen right?
i just click on start and click on "Run...", then y type cmd in the empty space of the dialog box... and then the black box came up

i write it there what you mentioned

and this is what i got

Clip_2.jpg

Upvote 0
i think you said fastboot was located in c:\adb so type
Code:
cd c:\adb
press enter and then try the fastboot devices command.

clarifying terms for me

there is something i dont understand

isnt fastboot a MODE? in our devices (android)
why is fastboot also used to call something like a "file"?

i mean i am new on this, i know the fastboot like the startup uption of the android devices..
why is something in my pc also called fastboot? i probably have it but since i have not had luck with this device i will stop assuming things and first asking to minimize misunderstandinds from my part

Upvote 0
in other words (and more simply)

i remember when i installed "adb-setup-1.4.3.exe" that the blue screen asked me if i wanted to install ADB.... and fastboot..

now i know what adb is.... (is the bridge [software]) that sends commands to my android device from my pc
but what is fastboot? (not the mode in the tablet)

Upvote 0
Okay, so it's not only NOT there,it doesn't even look like the device is recognized (I think you said that already). It should look like this

manage.jpg

Try a different cable, a different USB port on your laptop or a different PC altogether. Until you can get the device recognized, there's not much that can be done.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
i dont know what is going on... but i guess this crap (the nexus 7 2013 ) works that way, i have almost 3 years with this tablet and that entry in device manager is not even in my main computer (which is the one i mainly used when moving files), i also checked in other 3 computers with which i previously have attached the nexus 7 and succesfully interact with them... and there is any trace of any android device in none of those computer

this could sound stupid but

are you sure that android devices has a "LIVE" usb port when out of the OS? in a locked and no usb dbug mode enabled device?

Upvote 0
now that i look i am am far and far away of entering to the system and recover some data (some notes from the natural notes app) (i will NEVER EVER buy a device without a sd slot)
do you recommend me to try a system wipe? (sothertimes that this device went into a bootloop after system wipe it went back to normal (of course after erasing everything)

do you suggest me to do that?

or is there ANY possibility to enter to the filesystem and or at least extract any file?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones