1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Nexus 7 (2013) charger with Note 2?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Will Nexus 7's charger work with Note 2 and will Note 2's charger work with Nexus 7?

* By work I mean will there be the same output of power while charging?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You'd have to look on the labels at te output currents to see that.

Will they work? Yes. The putput VOLTAGE has to be the same, and cellphone chargers today put out 5-5.2 volts, and have microUSB (or if the cable plugs into the charger, USB) connectors, so they're pretty interchangeable.

The phone will draw as much current as the charger will supply = up to the design draw of the phone. (If the phone is designed to draw up to 0.9 Amps, plugging into a 2 Amp chager won't hurt - it'll draw 0.9 Amps.

If the chargr can't supply as much current as the phone is rated to draw, the charge time will be longer than the rated charge time. Abou the only thing that might get "damaged" is your schedule.

(I have about 5 chargers on my desk, rated from about 0.5 Amps to 2.2 Amps. When I need one, I grab one. They all work. It's like needing a few cents. It doesn't matter how many you need, if you grab a dollar, you have enough. All that changes is how much change you'll get. It's the only reason I'm not totally opposed to microUSB charging - the connector could have been designed better by a plant (I wouldn't be surprised if it was), but if you have a phone and a charger, you can charge the phone. Not like back in the days when each manufacturer had 3 or 4 proprietary connectors. I have about 5 Motorola chargers, but I still can't find my StarTac charger.)