• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 (2013)LTE, upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.1.x

Ocelot

Jan 30, 2015
I broke the digitizer on my nexus 7 five weeks ago, had some grief getting it replaced locally, but it all worked out in the end. prior to sending it in, it was 5.0.2, and reset to stock before I dropped it off at the repair depot. When I picked it up yesterday, and re-registered it, it stated that 5.1 is available for download.
with all the talk of lollipop bricking N7 tablets, should I proceed with this update, or hold off a bit?

The only problem I've had was when I installed all 100+ of my apps the thing lagged real bad afterwords. I couldn't even type. A quick reboot fixed that and that was over a week ago it hasn't done it again.

I have noticed a huge increase in battery life. The standby time seems to be back on par with kit Kat. I also got over 8 hours of screen time so far but with 5.0.2 I could barely get 6.

I'm very happy so far. I used Wugfresh Nexus tool kit to flash the factory image and root it.

Reactions: Madbat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones