1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nexus 7 2013 Won't Sync GApps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by htcamaze54, Jan 11, 2014.

1. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Member
    None

Apr 20, 2013
    I've been having no problems with my tablet since two days ago, when my Google Apps stopped syncing. My wifi bars are orange, even when I'm right next to my router, and when ever I click a google app, i get a meassage saying i cant establish a strong connection. All other apps work perfectly, but i cant use my gmail nor my play store, nor anything else, and it's annoying. I've been searching for a while now and can't find a solution. Someone said to sign out of my google account when following a procedure, which failed, and now I can't sign back in. i have android 4.4.2, and im scared to update because im rooted. If anyone can copy this meassage and put it on xda that'd be great too, to get as much help possible, since i dont have an xda account. so many forums asked the same thing with no proper solution. thanks.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) You probably don't want to update just yet - too many reported bugs with 4.3 on many devices.

2) As far as your problem, if you're having general wifi problems (browser gets the same problem when coming here or going to aol [easy to type aol.com to check your internet connection]), tell it to forget the wifi connection, then turn the tablet off, wait a few seconds, turn it on and create the connection again.

If it's just Google apps, open the Applications manager (in Settings), go to Google Play Store and Google Play services (one at a time) and clear cache, then clear data.

If that still doesn't fix it, post again.

3. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Member
    None

Apr 20, 2013
    Just google apps dont work, and my wifi is not the problem. Ive been told many times about clearing the cache and things like that, didnt work. My browsers and other apps that require internet still work. Thanks for posting.
    Btw i need this asap because of my google shout out

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    Chicago area
    IIRC somebody else here had a similar problem with not being able to connect to their router. I believe the solution was to delete the existing wifi profile in settings (long press on your wifi profile), search for available networks, select your wifi network and then reconnect.

Have you tried this? Good luck!

5. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Member
    None

Apr 20, 2013
    Just tried this and it didnt help :-(

6. LuvMusic

LuvMusic Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    Chicago area
    Sorry it didn't help.

This is probably a silly thought, but, you are signed-in to Google with the correct password?

7. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Member
    None

Apr 20, 2013
    It doesnt say im entering the wrong password, and I know that ik not the problem because my wifi bars are orange amd that when i clicked accounts before i signed out none of my gapps wouldnt sync. I now cant sign in and it says i have unreliable connection, even though i have full bars, and my other apps work.

8. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Member
    None

Apr 20, 2013
    Also i dont have this problem on my galqaxy 4