• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 Batter Draining so fast :c

Hey guys.. I bought this cool tablet 2 days ago, and I have been using it for.. gaming xD, like you wouldn't hehe
But yeah, I charge it until it's on 100% of battery and then I use it all day
but it totally doesn't get the 9 hours of batter life
I just get about 4 hours or so, not full for gaming, I just download games open them once and then pile them over a folder and just use them whenever I feel like to
I updated to the latest version yesterday please help :|

EDIT: I have the display on the lowest possible, and sound off, just wi-fi :D I even turned NFC off

Don't update to the latest version. I updated my 8gb Nexus to 4.2 and noticed the battery drained faster than it had at 4.1.2. So when I bought my 32gb, I left it at 4.1.2. It annoys me every few minutes to update, but I just keep pressing "later". Also, 6 hours of on screen time is about average that I get, and probably 4 with gaming. So I'd say that's about normal.

Reactions: nx1977
Upvote 0
Have disabled a few things 1st and will report back.

What should normal browsing of say forums, and replying typically use?

If you're not doing anything CPU intensive the battery usage will be dominated by the screen brightness. I have the brightness turned down very low because I mostly use the N7 to read books indoors, and I get around 10% battery life per hour i.e. 10 hours on a single charge. My niece, who plays video games at a high screen brightness, can hose the battery in three to four hours!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones