1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 7 - charger port

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hopesotoo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. hopesotoo

hopesotoo Lurker

Hi

I bought a used Nexus 7. I came to realize that it was rooted and installed with cyanogenmod. I was using it for a while and it worked well. Then problem started with charging. White dots and lines appeared on my screen. I tried to do a hard reset with the volume and power buttons. Nothing works. I put it to charge on the wall socket overnight. But the battery could not be fully charged. I then connected to my PC and it charged 100%, Still connected to my PC, I switched on and PC says denote hardware, run installation with disk. I realized that something is wrong. I then decided to take it down to tablet repair store. They told me that the charger port is broken and told me to look for it. So if anyone reading this can help me, I will appreciate. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alanbingham27

alanbingham27 Well-Known Member

Hi there. I bought my 5 year old daughter a N7 for Xmas last year. When first charging it I felt the charging port was very lose and wouldn't hold the charges end properly, a slight movement and the cable would come out far too easily. Also, when charging it would charge so slow. I used the charger from my S3 which worked far better. But, I thought to myself that I paid Google

3. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Android Enthusiast

Flash the device to stock and call up Asus see if you can get a rma

4. whs37

whs37 Android Enthusiast

When you talk about the 'charger port', do you mean the micro USB port or the pogo pins port.