1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 7 digitizer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leftnut26, Dec 15, 2013.

1. leftnut26

leftnut26 Well-Known Member

I just bought 2 nexus 7s with cracked digitizers. hope it was good deal. Got them for 110. Both still function. So I found a new screen. My question is, are the screens on the v1 and the v2 identical? The guy said they were the same. Im just lookn for 2nd opnion before I buy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

They're not even the same resolution so I don't see how they can be the same - 1920x1200 on the 2013 version compared with1280x800 on the original.

leftnut26, argedion and El Presidente like this.
  3. syzmic

syzmic Well-Known Member

Don't know who "the guy" is, but you been lied to.

leftnut26 likes this.
  4. leftnut26

Ya I fugured they would be different. But I saw the side by side it shows the difference in resolution. But it also says they both use the same LED-backlit IPS LCD screen technology.

5. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

LED-backlit IPS LCD technology is also used in the monitor I use with my computer - but it won't fit in a Nexus 7 :)

leftnut26 likes this.
  6. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

Are they both 2012's? If so, I bought screens/digitizers from Gadgetfix on eBay for around $65.

The size of the 2012 is wider and shorter than the 2013, too, so the screens physically won't fit on a 2013.

leftnut26 likes this.
  7. leftnut26

there are both 2012. i used that guy before i think to get some parts for an ipod or some other phone. thanks so much for the info. ill check it out. ya the one that i found is bulls*it. measurement for his are like 7.56in. sounded a lil big. he wont even give me a strate answer. just refers me to a link to the ad or says it fits both. lame. off to ebay i go!