1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nexus 7 Gallery - continual downloads

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pennyjane, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Pennyjane

Pennyjane Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2013
    Help! For over a month my Nexus 7 appeared to be continually downloading photos from somewhere and has finally crashed. I just get a small thumbnail of the Gallery icon and nothing happens when I click on it.

Before it crashed I did unsync it from Picasa, and I have since deleted all my photos and disabled Currents. And it's still apparently downloading photos. Is there anything short of a total reset I can do to sort this out?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Waterfoot, Lancashire
    You could try resetting the Gallery data. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All, scroll down to "Gallery", tap to show the info page and tap "Force stop", "Clear data" and "Clear cache" to ensure a clean restart. Then see what happens...

It's probably worth rebooting the tablet as well, just to be on the safe side.

3. Pennyjane

Pennyjane Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks John - I have tried all of that. The Nexus still claims to be downloading pictures from somewhere in a completely random order (i.e. not numerically), but I can no longer open the Gallery - it's just a tiny thumbnail with a jagged line across it. I have uninstalled the Nexus Media Importer (which is where the trouble originally started). I don't have "sync to web" enabled in Picasa nor is the camera I took the pictures on "web enabled". I'll go and investigate Blogger next. Any sensible suggestions welcomed.