• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 Gallery - continual downloads

Pennyjane

Lurker
Jul 15, 2013
Help! For over a month my Nexus 7 appeared to be continually downloading photos from somewhere and has finally crashed. I just get a small thumbnail of the Gallery icon and nothing happens when I click on it.

Before it crashed I did unsync it from Picasa, and I have since deleted all my photos and disabled Currents. And it's still apparently downloading photos. Is there anything short of a total reset I can do to sort this out?:thinking:

Thanks John - I have tried all of that. The Nexus still claims to be downloading pictures from somewhere in a completely random order (i.e. not numerically), but I can no longer open the Gallery - it's just a tiny thumbnail with a jagged line across it. I have uninstalled the Nexus Media Importer (which is where the trouble originally started). I don't have "sync to web" enabled in Picasa nor is the camera I took the pictures on "web enabled". I'll go and investigate Blogger next. Any sensible suggestions welcomed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones