1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus-7 previewing TIF attachments

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thenomad, Aug 15, 2012.

1. thenomad

thenomad Member

I have searched for this problem in the forums and couldn't find a directly relevant answer. So here goes my question:

I have been using Nexus-7 for about 6 weeks now and naturally gmail on it. The jFax service, I am a subscriber of, sends me faxes coming to my jFax number as .TIF extension files. When I load the message with fax attachment on my email interface, I can see a very small (1/4 postage stamp size) image of the page next to the attached file name, but when I click on Preview I get back a white page saying "Sorry we are unable to generate a view of the document at this time. Please try again later. You can also try downloading the original document by clicking here" where the word "here" is a link. When I click on "View" button on the other hand, I get back a black screen with an error message, saying "Could not load image".

The same message I can open on my dinky, gingerbread operated, Droid-2 Global phone and see the attachment, without any problem. I am assuming this is a wrong file type association with the application or similar, but can not pinpoint the problem, hence the solution.

Could someone please help?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download