• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 resurrected

lvt

Android Expert
Jan 30, 2013
Paris <--> Taipei
I still have my Nexus 7 laying around for a couple of years. It used to be a good tablet untill Google released the OTA update from 4.4 to 5.0 that killed the device. After the update I can barely use YouTube and some basic apps like calendar, Amazon reader... It's so laggy that I had to give up for a new tablet. Bravo Google! Brillant!

As the old battery doesn't last long and it charges very slowly, I decided to replace the battery with a new one.
IMAG0977-2336x1752~2.jpg

Upvote 0
Have you tried different chargers? I've got an old Samsung tablet that will charge very slowly, even with the OEM charger, but when I plug it in to and Anker power pack, it charges in 1/3 the time.

Yes I tried a couple of chargers ranging from 2A to 4A, but the tablet never reaches the usual 800~1000mAh charging speed like before. So I think I should replace the charging port before making a conclusion.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I know what you mean. My Nexus 5 recently gave up the ghost. It served me well, and I had grown fond of it, but my new phone just blows it away in all departments.

Sure, even the 2013 version with 2GB RAM already has a nice performance boost.

I will downgrade the tablet to its original KitKat when I have time. Android 4.x can run with just 512MB RAM so if I succeed, the tablet would run smoother with its 1GB RAM.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones