1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 7 Root and Root Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by htcamaze54, Oct 28, 2013.

1. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Newbie

I just got the Nexus 7, and I wanted to know an easy way to root it, and some cool roms for it. I want rom that's as close to the Samsung Note 3 stock rom as possible, or a rom that give all of it's cool new features. I heard you could cyanogen mod and download the features separately, but don't know how to or where to get them. i have some experience rooting, i rooted an old HTC Amaze. thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I moved this to the N7 All Things Root subforum where you will get the best answers.:)

htcamaze54 likes this.
  3. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Newbie

can I get the link? thanks bud :)

4. Unforgiven

htcamaze54 likes this.
  5. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Newbie

lol, so now we wait for the answers :D

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. Unforgiven

Thanks man, you gave me the laugh of the night.:D

I haven't taken the root plunge on my N7 as I had to RMA my first one. This is the only endroid device I haven't rooted, so I'll follow along with you.:)

7. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

Wait no longer. :D

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.2 | WugFresh

Rooting the Nexus is easy with this. Just read and follow the directions.

htcamaze54 and Unforgiven like this.
  8. htcamaze54

htcamaze54 Newbie

Thanks, can you also answer the rest of my question too? Is it possible to get the Note 3 stock rom, or any other similar custom rom? Do you know the most customizable rom or any way of adding cool accessories such as the ones on the the Note 3? Thanks again :D

9. boneface

boneface Android Enthusiast

maybe a little late..but there is cm 10, aokp, and paranoid android roms available

10. SwoRNLeaDejZ

SwoRNLeaDejZ Android Expert

Flo is an officially supported device, and you can download and run the nightly every day if you want ;)

Flo is also officially a supported device for Paranoid Android but its basically a stock rooted ROM with the PA ota updater, not much to see..

Haven't seen a good aokp ROM yet, although I would love to run AOKP DU on this thing ;)

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews