• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help nexus 7 root

It's been awhile since I've used MultiROM, but if it still works the same way you need a custom version of TWRP, which can be installed from the MultiROM app. Simply place the rom on your internal storage like you would any rom. Boot to TWRP, go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Then install the rom saved to your device.

Also, the Nexus 7 MultiROM thread can be found HERE, for reference.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
ok thanks. so i can just flash with timurs rom with elementalx still on there. i aint gotta take off
This is where the special version of TWRP comes in. You don't just flash it as you would any rom. That would overwrite your current rom. You need the modified version of TWRP with the MultiROM options in the advanced menu. When you choose the add rom option, it installs the rom to your internal storage as opposed to installing it on /system.

So basically, you have your main rom installed on the device as you would normally, then you can add as many roms as you have room for to the internal storage.

Upvote 0
So your Primary ROM can be the 6.0.1 rom you have (or whatever you like :)), and then for your Secondary (or Tertiary or however many you want - you're limited by device storage space) ROM just install a stock LP rom and flash timur's on top of it (or whatever else you like :)). That's the whole point of multi-rom install ;) . The only requirement is for the kernel you use with Primary ROM to have multi-rom support, and if you use ElementalX it has so you're good to go.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones