• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7

Plaviator

Lurker
Oct 8, 2021
I bought a SH Nexus 7 and when I received it, it still had the precious owner's details on it so I did a factory restore.
Now trying to set it up and when I try to connect to my LAN, it seems to connect okay but is unable to verify the connection. It has been suggested that it could be an IP address problem.so I have checked this and it is a weird one: fe80::da50:e6ff:fe8c:b74e and below this are 2 more even longer ones
Any advise would be appreciated as I am tearing what little hair I have out!

Hello Davdi,
I have another "working" Nexus and when I look up the IP address on it, it shows IP6 and the IP4 addresses but on the non working one it only shows the IP6 addresses.
I had a look on the Router and although it lists the non working tablet on the network, it seems unable to allocate an IP address to it and as it is not listed on the DHCP, I am not able to allocate a static IP address to it.
Any advice?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones