• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus - BuyMobilePhones.net

What? :s I'm lost, or maybe you are? Just come in from work, switched on Nexus, tried 2 different sims and they worked. But I read on t'internet just 'cos its unlocked doesn't necessarily mean its unbranded so I am asking, Anyway of finding out if it is branded or not?

ty? :S

Upvote 0
Lol bit hard on him... Anyway..

Non of the UK ones are 'branded'. They're all sim free stock. Particularly third party stores like buymobilephones/mobilshop (same company), phones4u, carphone warehouse (when they get it) all sell the sim free unbranded stock.

I got mine from those guys too actually. They offer a lot more subsidy on an upgrade than going direct with the network - but thats generally true of all third party upgraders.

Upvote 0
Had a bit of a nightmare upgrading through t-Mobile from my desire. 5 or 6 calls later and got it done through t-mo reseller chitterchatter on a great deal.

buymobilephones.net was one of the options i looked at, but it all broke down over t-mo and then not actually doing an upgrade, which would have meant wither losing my number or PAC'ing out to a PAYG, then back to t-mo, all with delays.

at one point i was going to get a sensation XE through t-mo, ebay it, and buy a nexus off play.com or somewhere, nightmare.

glad to hear they all come unlocked, wasn't sure if that'd be the case, get mine tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Had a bit of a nightmare upgrading through t-Mobile from my desire. 5 or 6 calls later and got it done through t-mo reseller chitterchatter on a great deal.

buymobilephones.net was one of the options i looked at, but it all broke down over t-mo and then not actually doing an upgrade, which would have meant wither losing my number or PAC'ing out to a PAYG, then back to t-mo, all with delays.

at one point i was going to get a sensation XE through t-mo, ebay it, and buy a nexus off play.com or somewhere, nightmare.

glad to hear they all come unlocked, wasn't sure if that'd be the case, get mine tomorrow!

I went with mobileshop (same company as buymobilephones.net) precisely because they COULD do a t-mobile upgrade.

- I kept my number
- Was able to remain on my Flext 35 tariff (which is no longer available)
- Keep my half price for life Friends and Relative discount
- Get the GN for free

Buymobilphones.net, mobileshop, and carphonewarehouse were the only three I found who were able to do it without a new connection, and also had or were planning to have the GN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones