• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus gallery - showing my jpgs in reverse order?!?! And why can't I view the file names??

pygmy

Lurker
Aug 12, 2012
Just got my nexus, and put a folder of a manga chapter in there.

1)file names are listed in numerical order (page1.jpg, page2.jpg, page3.jpg etc etc). But once in my Gallery, the image thumbnails are reversed in order so the first image is the last one and I have to start at the end! What's going on?!

2) I also can't view each image's file name so I don't know which page is which? Why don't file names show up in the gallery like they do in a PC folder? It's kind of annoying.

Welcome to AndroidForums, pygmy!

I'm not sure why your images are being displayed in reverse order but it does that on my Gnex too. It's by design but moderately annoying. You might want to try QuickPic which is free, better than the Gallery (in my opinion) and gives you the option to sort as you see fit.

The reason you can't see the filename is because the intent of such apps is to present you with thumbnails of images since the filenames often mean nothing to the average person. Clearly your use requires you to view things in a specific order and the filename is relevant. You could use a file browser to match the filename to the thumbnail, but I'm not sure if that will be as smooth as you need it to be.

I'm out of ideas for now. Sorry.

Upvote 0
I think the order is from the most recently added to the oldest added.

The other option you can try, is get an app meant specifically for reading manga. I use ComicRack, but there's also Comixology and I think there are other directed towards manga, do a search on the play store. All you need is the comic compiled in CBR or CBZ (Comic Book RAR or ZIP) which most digital/scanned manga/comic downloads are. I think there are some guide out there (google search) on how to turn JPGs into CBR/CBZs if that's all you have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones