1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jrob80, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Jrob80

Jrob80 Lurker

First let me introduce my self and say hi. This seems like a pretty good forum I jumped on here a couple of times looking for a release date for the Nexus.

I have had my Nexus for almost a week now and I am having some issues and maybe you guys can help.

I am coming from my original Droid, there are a lot of things I really like about this phone but if I can't get these issues figured out I am going to have to take it back.

1. Signal, I do not live in a 4g area (middle of Nebraska) but I am struggling to get good 3g signal, right now I have my settings in my network mode to only CDMA. It also seems like there is a setting that the phone stops looking for signal when it is idle and the screen is dark? Is there a way to turn that off I feel like that might be some of the issue I have with battery life...

2. Battery Life, I can only get about 14 hours out of my phone and I really don't use it a whole lot during the day. Random phone calls/text messages, and most of the time emails coming in. This is horrible. Right now I am using Juice Defender with Advanced Task Manager.

3. Facebook sync? Is this possible I click on it to add but it never does anything.

Thanks in advance for any and all help that is provided I hope I can get these issues figured out.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

(IMHO) Stay way from task managers, they will mostly cause more harm than good. Juice defender might be OK, but I would let it run stock for awhile so you have a good basis for comparison.

14 hours with moderate to medium-heavy use (sounds a *bit* like what you describe) is pretty normal for a high end smartphone.

Facebook sync I think is currently somewhat broken but you might want to check the general FAQ sticky, there are a few threads you may find helpful (I'm not 100% sure if they have good workarounds yet).

Personally I set important contact photos manually -- it was a pain but they look nice now. And I dont get the contact photos changing to some silly cartoon my friend thought was funny that week :D

Ultimately FB sync stuff may always be a bit rough though, but that's because of the fierce competition between FB and Google.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums! :)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews