• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus not showing on my PC

sethm1

Nov 7, 2009
Windows 7 Home Prem 64 Bit - if that all matters.

There really is not much info on connecting the phone to a PC.
After some digging I found that I have to install a driver (USB driver for Nexus & PC\Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4.6.0.exe) onto my PC. But even on Samsungs site I don't see any instructions.

I went to the Device Mgr and the ph is not popping up.

What am I doing wrong?
Should I uninstall that driver?

thx in advance for any guidance.

After some digging I found that I have to install a driver (USB driver for Nexus & PC\Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4.6.0.exe) onto my PC. But even on Samsungs site I don't see any instructions.

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure your device is unlocked when you plug in the USB cable. If it is locked no folders will display on your PC.

Upvote 0

What am I doing wrong?

I tried to load some music earlier but the phone didn't show up on my Mac either.

Upvote 0
It looks to be a known issue by all accounts: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/465494-known-issues-galaxy-nexus.html (it sounds like the first or 8th issue)

Apparantly you can resolve by using an Airdroid via the market. You could also try MyPhoneExplorer which allow file transfer wirelessly. They're more of a workaround as opposed to a fix, I'm not sure if a more permanent solution is in the works, sorry.

Upvote 0
It looks to be a known issue by all accounts: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/465494-known-issues-galaxy-nexus.html (it sounds like the first or 8th issue)

Apparantly you can resolve by using an Airdroid via the market. You could also try MyPhoneExplorer which allow file transfer wirelessly. They're more of a workaround as opposed to a fix, I'm not sure if a more permanent solution is in the works, sorry.

Now doesn't that just suck. I always load a lot of music on my phone easily for those long trips to work or while working out.

Upvote 0
Resolved and I forgot how to read.
2 cables came with the phn - one is clearly marked for connecting to the PC.
The one I WAS using is for charging.

And found the MAC address- 'you' have to enable the wi-fi first!.

Say what? How did you get 2 cables? I only got one. I just used the Droid X cable that I had hooked up to my pc and it works fine. I also bought an extra usb cable and that one works fine too.

Upvote 0
Say what? How did you get 2 cables? I only got one. I just used the Droid X cable that I had hooked up to my pc and it works fine. I also bought an extra usb cable and that one works fine too.

Got mine (phone) at Costco.
Comes with a nice (though really not sure what its for) zippered case with extra cables, a car/wall plug in & a universal side case with clip - but the Nexus is too thin for the case. The case is about 6 1/4 by 8"

As long as Costco has a wireless kisok, thats where I am shopping.
The phn it self was $289- plus they only charge tax on the purchase. Seems to me with my Orig Droid purchase at the Verizon store, the tax was based on the retail value- but then again that was over 2 yrs ago and my memory is not what it was. Did I mention my memory is... oh snap.
Oh and the Costco staff is great, not pushy and very nice.

Upvote 0
Got mine (phone) at Costco.
Comes with a nice (though really not sure what its for) zippered case with extra cables, a car/wall plug in & a universal side case with clip - but the Nexus is too thin for the case. The case is about 6 1/4 by 8"

As long as Costco has a wireless kisok, thats where I am shopping.
The phn it self was $289- plus they only charge tax on the purchase. Seems to me with my Orig Droid purchase at the Verizon store, the tax was based on the retail value- but then again that was over 2 yrs ago and my memory is not what it was. Did I mention my memory is... oh snap.
Oh and the Costco staff is great, not pushy and very nice.

What state do you live in? I think at our local Costco (California) they charge tax on the entire retail value.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones