• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One 2.3.6 OTA Feedback

Fell in love again with Nexus One this morning....downloaded and installed manual update and I can now rib my Samsung S2 friends whilst they wait. I have not seen one nexus one 'in the wild' in 18 months of owning it and I love how understated it is. Looking towards the Prime now though and installing manual updates has given me more confidence to strip it off its bloatware from vodacrap or whoever and return to stock!

Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed since getting 2.3.6: first connection to a Bluetooth device, even one with which I had already paired, prompted me to allow or deny the connection. Anybody else notice this?

Nope. My Bluetooth paired just fine after the update.

I did have the phone lock up on me when going into Wifi settings after the update, but a battery-pull and reboot later, it's working fine.

Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed since getting 2.3.6: first connection to a Bluetooth device, even one with which I had already paired, prompted me to allow or deny the connection. Anybody else notice this?

Yes, received update this morning and when it tried to pair with my car, it requested permission. It will get annoying really fast if that's how it will be.

Upvote 0
Just noticed another change! I opened my Gmail on my phone for the first time after the update, and it's allowing to me "Always Show Pictures" for certain senders, which is very nice for me. It also lets you do something about those priority labels, but I don't use them.

Nice find. Hadn't noticed that.

Upvote 0
It only seems to do it for the first connection to a device after updating. Hasn't happened for subsequent connections. More of a curiosity than anything else.

I have a somewhat related question - I am prompted for a security code each time I connect with the Bluetooth in my car. Anyone know how to get the thing to "save" a code? I don't get this with any of my other Bluetooth devices. Annoying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones