• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One 3G Issues fixed just like that?

Did this improve your 3G connection?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Tried it, doesn't work. Tried all the fixes at one time or another. They don't work.
Isn't the "Force 3G" method more reliable?

Yeah, this works, but if I go through an area with no 3G I lose all signal....And it doesn't stop the fluctuation of the 3G bars. I can still lay the N1 down on a table, have a strong signal, then pick it up and the signal gets weaker. If I put my hand over the bottom of the Phone the signal also gets weaker.

Upvote 0
Yes, the force 3G actually works. Of course, this will give you no coverage if you are in a 3G-less area.

What doesn't make sense is, I turn this on and am in a 3G area and will hange onto the 3G signal for a few minutes. Then, while the phone is just sitting there, it loses it's signal for a minute until it picks up 3G again. Why is the signal strength changing so much with a change in location?

Upvote 0
What doesn't make sense is, I turn this on and am in a 3G area and will hange onto the 3G signal for a few minutes. Then, while the phone is just sitting there, it loses it's signal for a minute until it picks up 3G again. Why is the signal strength changing so much with a change in location?

Are you asking why the signal strength is changing so much without a change in location? Not sure, but I see this a lot. Could be a number of things. But likely wireless interference at that time, boosts/losses in signal based on a number of factors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones