• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One: Android 2.2.1 OTA

OK please try this and see if it affects you;

Go to the Calendar and create an all-day event covering both Saturday and Sunday, i.e. a two-day all-day event.

Now go to the Agenda view in the calendar, scroll to the new event, and click on the first day. Has the first day been moved to Friday?

This has been happening to me since I bought my N1 several OS updates ago, and still happens even now on the latest update. I have to work around it by using other applications. It's been reported by me and others since the release of the N1 but still not fixed. It doesn't happen on my old HTC Hero.

I'd like to know if it's a widespread issue, as I'm puzzled as to why it's still happening almost a year later!

Upvote 0
I've only had this update for a few hours but I'm glad to say that it appears as if the WiFi issue has been fixed. This was the biggest complaint I had with the phone. Had to turn off and then on my WiFi connection every time I needed to go online while at home. Had this for about 5 hours and not happened even once. I'll keep you guys updated on whether I have any problems.

Upvote 0
I've only had this update for a few hours but I'm glad to say that it appears as if the WiFi issue has been fixed. This was the biggest complaint I had with the phone. Had to turn off and then on my WiFi connection every time I needed to go online while at home. Had this for about 5 hours and not happened even once. I'll keep you guys updated on whether I have any problems.

That is too funny, like many of us, I've been dealing with the wifi issue since the day I bought my N1 and just happened to come across an app last week that actually kept my wifi connected pretty much all the time, the Wifi Fixer by zanshin-g1. I would imagine (and hope) Google's fix is a much better solution to the wifi issue for obvious reasons.

I'm a bit hesitant about it defeating the one click root though. Due to my tech zero unfamiliarity and the possible warranty loss worries with rooting, I was thinking about using the one click as it seems it keeps the boat loader(?). Is there another method of rooting the N1 without breaking the boat loader that can be performed on this newest update? I guess I'm being overly cautious with my desire to keep the warranty but it sure would be nice if I could root the phone and gain the ability to place even more (not made for app2sd yet) apps to the sd card:( Pretty much my only other complaint, lack of app space!:mad:

Nevertheless, I'm just glad Google addressed the wifi sleep issue. It was pretty disheartening to read about how they were not going to look into it any further some time ago. Hope this fix really fixes the issue!:)

Upvote 0
Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't understand the wifi "sleep" issue?

When my screen shuts down, my wifi indicator disappears and the phone reverts to OTA (EDGE or 3G.) When I power the screen back on, after about 10 seconds the wifi indicator comes back on and all is well.

It did this before I got FRG83 this morning... and is still doing it.

Here's how the wifi sleep issue works. After the screen turns back on, the wifi indicator comes back on but when you try to connect to the internet it indicates that there's no connection. You have to turn off the wifi and turn it back on. When the wifi indicator appears at the top it works. I have to do this almost every time I go back on my phone.

Still a little unclear about whether this issue has been totally resolved. No doubt its better but I had trouble connecting to a couple of sites a few times. Don't know if the problem was with the app I was using (NubiNews) or the wifi connection of the phone. Give it a little more time before I know for sure if this update resolved this issue.

Upvote 0
Here's how the wifi sleep issue works. After the screen turns back on, the wifi indicator comes back on but when you try to connect to the internet it indicates that there's no connection. You have to turn off the wifi and turn it back on. When the wifi indicator appears at the top it works. I have to do this almost every time I go back on my phone.

Still a little unclear about whether this issue has been totally resolved. No doubt its better but I had trouble connecting to a couple of sites a few times. Don't know if the problem was with the app I was using (NubiNews) or the wifi connection of the phone. Give it a little more time before I know for sure if this update resolved this issue.

Thanks for the explanation! Now that you mention it, I did have to reactivate wifi a couple of times... and so far after the update I haven't.

Upvote 0
There seems to be some variations with the problems that are happening but you could read countless pages of this issue Flight.

With my N1(w/ EPE54B and FRF91), I don't know if it's because the stars aren't aligned just right or if my wifi router is incompatible with then N1's Broadcom(?) wifi chip with the whatchamacallit power saving mode(?) or if it's simply the owner, but it always drops the wifi connection when the screen sleeps.

Setting the wifi to "Never" in the settings section does not seem to function or make a difference as well. Unless I keep the screen awake by keeping it plugged into the charger, apps like Pandora will cut out when the screen goes out.

Whenever I wake the phone, it still shows the wifi signal indicator on the notifications bar with a signal but has no connection. Toggle the wifi on and off and it connects and functions with no connection problems. Let the screen sleep and it'll lose the connection each and every time. Thats the huge annoying bug or flaw that some us unfortunate N1 users have.

Here are some threads about the issue:(

[UPDATE]Official Nexus one Wifi issue thread(every N1 owner should read) - xda-developers

WiFi constantly drops, won't stay connected when in sleep (option to never sleep IS selected) and won't reconnect - Android Help

nexus one wifi drops sleep - Google Search

Upvote 0
Hi guys, how do we get updates then, what I mean is via the phone or PC? Sorry for noob question just got N1 yesterday from vodafone. It says 2.2 FRF91.

Either wait till it gets pushed to your phone over the air, or install manually (linked in the 1st post). I'm not experiencing any significant difference with the new update, so if you're not comfortable updating manually, waiting for the update isn't going to compromise your experience much.

Reactions: shttw
Upvote 0

It does not look like this update has totally resolved the WiFi issue. I updated my phone yesterday and noticed that during the day, when I access my phone frequently, I have no problems with losing the WiFi connection. But overnight, when the phone was not accessed for several hours, I had trouble reconnecting to the WiFi. Once I could not get a signal, and a couple of times, I was able to get a signal but was very slow. I had to restart my WiFi connection anyway.

I guess its positive that they are making progress fixing this issue. I hope they can resolve it. Kind of annoying.

Let me know if your experience with this problem is different.

Upvote 0
Is the problem that wi-fi switches off when it's asleep if so may I ask why it's a problem? Perhaps an app or feature I don't know about? I assumed that it was simply was battery conservation.

I assign my devices set IPs so unassigned it after reading this thread and it did drop wi-fi from time to time. re-assinged it an IP and all stable again.

Upvote 0
I had a similar wifi sleep issue... but it isn't the same as everyone describes.

For me, sometimes when I have wifi on, the screen will sleep and then there is no signal indicator and I have lost wifi connection. When I check the wifi settings, it says the particular signal is "disabled". Sometimes I would just simply reconnect it, but other times it doesn't work and I have to turn wifi off then on. Did anyone else have this issue?

So does this update fix this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones