• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One at Walmart?

I find it hard to believe this is credible. Supposedly one of the big deals about the N1 was the online store as a new purchase paradigm.

So if you're Google,a nd pushing online, unlocked sales using Google checkout - why put them into WalMart? Seem counterproductive to the stated goal to me.

Because they sold only 20,000 the first week and probably not too many more since.. Not many people know about it. If they sold it super cheap unlocked, imagine how many people could have it in their hands. That number would shoot up to about 500,000 in a couple of months if they made it $99 unlocked without a contract. I know id get a second phone, my friends would get one, just imagine all the phones they'd sell. It would move android so quickly due to how cheap it could be!

I remember they were rumored to sell it super cheap unlocked (this is before they announced anything), that was what was going around and then they price came out as $575.. If they can sell it for $175 with a 2 year contract, they can sell it for that price or less for unlocked. They'd sell a ton of them if they really wanted to. They just have to advertise it correctly, which would start on the superbowl. How about an ad for an unlocked Nexus one for $99! Just go and buy it NOW! NO 2 year contract! That would get everyone to buy one! Done, sold! Those units would fly up... sounds easy but probably won't happen.. :cool:

Upvote 0
Well that is why I said "I know" it's going to be cheaper. I thought it was going to be sold by Walmart. Do not tell me what I can and can't say, though... ever... again... in your life. Calm down.

you can say what ever you want, but when you say something that is absolutely absurd be prepared to be called out on it. as forest gump says...stupid is as stupid does.

maybe you should listen more to those who know what you should and should not say before you make a fool of yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones