• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Bugs No Longer of Interest To Google

The title of your thread is very misleading, they are only talking about the 3G issue and considering there is already a thread on this (http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/66476-google-giving-up-nexus-3g-issue.html) and that you own a droid makes me suspect that you are trolling for something.

My only regret with buying the N1 is how much time I spend on it, it is very addicting. And don't forget, google just stated there are a lot more surprises in the N1 that we don't know about yet, that makes me very excited.

Upvote 0

So because they can't pinpoint a fix for ONE issue you throw the entire phone out the window?

Keep in mind this doesn't happen to every user. If you have that issue then return the phone or get your droid or any of the other 25 phones on android. Since your on the droid, you really have no idea if it would even affect you; so your essentially complaining on my behalf?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Which network are you on over here Rusty? Have to had any problems?
Vodafone in an HSDPA area, seems fine. Quick too:

1893677.png

Upvote 0
No device is perfect and never will be, not trying to defend Google or any one here jsut saying, but for me I do not understand the issue, I would have to agree with Google, if your having issues with 3G then move, maybe I am lucky have a good unit or maybe I live in a good location and travel in all good locations (and I do travel allot) because I have no issues with the 3G or WiFi signal, yet anyways.

my $0.02cents (Canadian to)

Upvote 0
Based on the statement issued by the google employee, Ry Guy, and the inconsistency of the 3G issue of N1 users I suspect it's a hardware issue. Tmo is working fine for me and I don't experience any of the 3G issues reported.

My conclusion is that Google knows there is no possible way to fix the 3G issue w (some) N1 owners w a software fix. I'd recommend N1 owners w the 3G issue push to get a new phone instead of an attempted repair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones