• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Cracked Screen

@ RoyalWitCheese: OH wow! How high did your Nexus drop? And $55 is not bad at all, I've read posts where people were charged $150 or more from HTC

Was from about hip level (I missed my pocket putting it away) but to be fair, it landed directly face down on REALLY rough ashphalt (visible rocks sticking out of it's surface).

The drops before were onto smooth concrete, and all that happened was phone flew apart (batt cover and battery) and got a couple small scratches.

Upvote 0
You can break your LCD if your jeans are tight. That's how I cracked the front screen of my N75, it was fine in the car and cracked as I walked in the restaurant. Dumbfounded.

It's not common, but it can happen. Sounds like this has happened to a few people on this thread. So I always make sure to keep my Nexus in my pocket with as little stress as possible. It's always vertical in my pocket either all the way on the left side or the right side.

Upvote 0
hi,

I had my nexus one screen broken; the touch still working but the image is not displayed. I live outside USA where there is no supporter for nexus one. So I need to order the required spare part to fix my device either by me or by technician. I don't want to send my phone to be repaired then wait until get it back so it will spend a lot of time and money. I found the below link where i can buy spare part but Im not sure which one I can order: LCD or touch panel? the image is not displayed properly but the touch still working!!!

Google Nexus One Touch Panel

if there is better seller for nexus one spare parts where I can find it cheaper please send me the link.

Also can i use amnia2 or htc desire screens or LCD'S for nexus on?

Upvote 0
When I had came home today I realized my phone was gone.
I went back to where I was last and found that my phone was found and given back to me later today. I had called it countinuesly with my friends phone. When I asked them if they got any calls, they said that the screen was dead and couldn't answer. I looked at the phone and found my Nexus one had scratches everywhere and my screen inside was cracked. when i turned it one my screen was black and all i saw was a red dot on the bottom. Later after I put it on my dock to charge small purple lines appeared in the lower right hand corner and still hasn't fixed yet. You can still have vibration, the keys, and turn it on, but the screen is just dead now. The person who found it told me that they found it in the grass. I have dropped it on a wood floor before and it was unharmed, but now I need help whether to get a new one or try and get a new screen. If the screen doesn't work and the lines still appear I will try and get a new phone. Any help is appreciated

Upvote 0
When I had came home today I realized my phone was gone.
I went back to where I was last and found that my phone was found and given back to me later today. I had called it countinuesly with my friends phone. When I asked them if they got any calls, they said that the screen was dead and couldn't answer. I looked at the phone and found my Nexus one had scratches everywhere and my screen inside was cracked. when i turned it one my screen was black and all i saw was a red dot on the bottom. Later after I put it on my dock to charge small purple lines appeared in the lower right hand corner and still hasn't fixed yet. You can still have vibration, the keys, and turn it on, but the screen is just dead now. The person who found it told me that they found it in the grass. I have dropped it on a wood floor before and it was unharmed, but now I need help whether to get a new one or try and get a new screen. If the screen doesn't work and the lines still appear I will try and get a new phone. Any help is appreciated

That sucks :/ how much are you willing to spend on a new phone? To get the screen replace will cost you over $100.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones