• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One getting Pinch Zoom

I agree with the others before me... this market fragmentation is really annoying. When I purchased my Droid, I didn't even know the "Google phone (N1)" would be coming out a month later preloaded witn 2.1. At first, I was pissed, but then I calmed down because I thought we'd be getting a 2.1 update quickly but here we are in Feb with no solid ETA and I'm aggravated.

Upvote 0
xScope has become my default browser now. Has MT and it's fast.

But I'd love to have that updated Maps app. Not just for MT, but for....

Starred items synchronized with maps.google.com - access your favorite places from your phone or computer
Search suggestions from your personal maps.google.com history - makes it easy to search for places you've searched for before
Night mode in Google Maps Navigation - automatically changes your screen at night for easier viewing and driving

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was just my ISP acting up. Good thing I can mooch off my neighbor's Comcast, ROFL.

Anyways, it's up on Alldroid and the devs are looking at it. Hopefully we'll see these new features on our Droids soon.

Was just going to say the same. Multiple people uploaded it to alldroid and we should see the apks soon I would hope. Thanks fabolous.

Upvote 0
Droid is going on ebay the moment the nexus one hits verizon... sorry but the Nexus one just gets updated better

Interesting point, since this will be the first update, and it has not actually arrived yet for most people.
and is just an overall a better device. I regret not waiting :mad:
Well, it depends on what you want. It has no keyboard and a "less standard" resolution than the Droid.

Having said that, I fully intend to get an N1 when they hit VZW. But not because they are 'updated better;' rather, because of the form factor and display.

Upvote 0
I may have skimmed too fast, but are you referring to multitouch for rooted phones or no?

Hm I haven't kept up with the dev's blogs so I'm not sure, but sometimes it comes in an installable apk, but sometimes you need to be rooted. Sorry not a solid answer, it just depends on what the dev's are working on first. (Right now I believe it is a ROM and not APK's)

Upvote 0
Hm I haven't kept up with the dev's blogs so I'm not sure, but sometimes it comes in an installable apk, but sometimes you need to be rooted. Sorry not a solid answer, it just depends on what the dev's are working on first. (Right now I believe it is a ROM and not APK's)
Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up!

So much for Droid being Verizons flagship device. When N1 does come to VZW, I bet the Droid hits the backburner even more and many MANY Droid customers with be PISSED. Myself included.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones