• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One has a much more powerful processor than Nexus S - another reason not to upgrade...

Reactions: BreatheElectro
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have trouble getting it A) because I have no money of course. I'd probably go out and get one otherwise :3

But b) Because Cyanogen doesn't seem to have an interest in supporting it. I don't care much for stock android after using cyanogenmod and getting updates first won't matter for me. Sure I could enjoy the processor that the devs could improve but I just can't justify jumping on the boat quite yet. Maybe next year I will upgrade. I'd like to upgrade, just doesn't have the PULL i need to go out and work really hard to purchase it. I am gonna go play with one saturday if I can and see what happens then.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Ha that's great!! :D

BTW, it nice to see some familiar names here from when the N1 launched way back when...will never forget mudrock's avatar!!:D
IT's great to see familiar names again ;) *waves to Air Force One* I see even more on the Nexus S forum. I feel that a lot of people that buy the Nexus S are ex Nexus One owners, lol.

Upvote 0
I don't know what all the fuss is. We've known all along that the Scorpion CPU was great at the kind of floating point computing and arithmetic crunch. Why is that a surprise to anyone even after Hummingbird and the new OMAP processors have been released. The Achilles heel of the Snapdragon SOC is and has always been GPU, even when it came out. However, with all the movement to utilize hardware acceleration and Android's push in that direction, at the end of the day, the question is, "Would I rather have a marginally faster CPU, or an insanely better/faster GPU?" I would choose the latter. In the long run, as Android OS evolves to utilize the GPU more and more (like iOS currently), it's the platforms with the stronger GPU that will be more pleasing to use day to day. If you, N1 owners, want to hold something over the heads of the NS owners, talk build quality (just don't mention the trackball), talk expandable storage, talk about how the "curved screen" is just curved glass, talk about... oh, I don't know, it still being a rock solid device that's maybe a half-step behind it's younger sibling. In my opinion, it's a toss-up. The NS is the next best thing right now. N1 owners are probably a little butt-hurt. Either way, both devices are getting immediate Android updates. So, just relish in that for the moment. We're on the same team here :)

Reactions: StarMenace
Upvote 0
For me it comes down to spending another $500+ for a phone thats not all that different from what i just spent $500+ for back in march. Is it worth it?....No.
The phone looks nice and all but its not going to work much differently than my N1. Im rooted running gingerbread right now so being up to date is no issue whatsoever. Im sure some will say "Im not rooted"..........Why not? You buy a developer phone to do nothing to it?
Anyway, this coming year is expected to bring a whole new generation of phones(Dual core) so in my case sticking with my N1 for another 6 months while the new wave comes in gives me plenty of time to check things out while still having a top notch device...:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones