• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help nexus one is very hot

Dunno. When I talked to my roommate about the heat produced by the phone when charging (hes an electrical engineer, so I trust his word more than my random heresay) he said that the processors are designed to operate quite well at temperatures over 100 degrees. Otherwise, anyone in a southern state wouldn't be able to use it, as the air temperature would cause the phone to be that hot by itself, let alone with the phone running. Take from that what you will. What I tend to do is when home or charging I will have the case off, and put it on when I know I'll be leaving the phone on a desk all day (like at work) or I feel like I'll be placing it about somewhere. Do what you think is best for the phone. You did pay for it after all :D

Upvote 0
Dunno. When I talked to my roommate about the heat produced by the phone when charging (hes an electrical engineer, so I trust his word more than my random heresay) he said that the processors are designed to operate quite well at temperatures over 100 degrees. Otherwise, anyone in a southern state wouldn't be able to use it, as the air temperature would cause the phone to be that hot by itself, let alone with the phone running. Take from that what you will. What I tend to do is when home or charging I will have the case off, and put it on when I know I'll be leaving the phone on a desk all day (like at work) or I feel like I'll be placing it about somewhere. Do what you think is best for the phone. You did pay for it after all :D

Yeah sounds like a good idea. Want to keep this running as cool as possible. gotta get good battery life. :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones