• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus one on Verizon For Sure in April with a "Surprise"!!

Every day I google "Nexus One Verizon" to see when will Nexus one come to Verizon.

The latest results are saying that it will definitely be released this month (April), and that the price is $499.

This is $30 dollars less than T-Mobile/AT&T version.

Anyone knew about this?

I feel your pain. I've been on the same Google trends.

So far, this is just getting to be extremely annoying. I would be happy if Sprint beat Verizon to it.

Upvote 0
I agree zetroc.. It's already 3 months old.. something new will be right around the corner. So they better release it soon! If they don't they better release it with a price drop then because it's been out a while. There's no need to keep it that high with it starting to get "older." Hurry up Verizon!!!!!

Upvote 0
Surprise!! You get a phone that's already been out for 4.5 months but doesn't have any new features!! You must feel so lucky, Verizon customers!

Why does it POSSIBLY take 4.5 ADDITIONAL months to release the CDMA version of a phone that otherwise has the EXACT same specs as the GSM version? Just like many of you have mentioned, I am irritated because every day that passes the Nexus One is getting more and more out of date. We are one day closer to 4G networks, one day closer to Super AMOLED screens, etc. I wouldn't care about the 4 month delay if the CDMA Nexus One was going to have tangible hardware improvements, but I really doubt it will. So essentially we've had to wait four months just to change out the communication chips and antennas. Unacceptable. Unless the CDMA version somehow addresses all of the main quality issues that have been experienced with the GSM version and comes loaded with Froyo this whole debacle will continue to leave a bad taste in my mouth. But how could they do that? How could they release a new and improved Nexus One without pissing off all the T-Mob and At&t customers that JUST purchased the phone? This is what leads me to believe that this delay was all about product positioning. Verizon just wanted to sell as many droids as possible. They probably insisted on the droid getting Android 2.1 before the Nexus One released, and they probably didn't want the Nexus One to release before the Incredible since they'll be selling the Incredible (rather than google), presumably resulting in greater profit.

Reactions: xyzsb and Fuzzone
Upvote 0
Surprise!! You get a phone that's already been out for 4.5 months but doesn't have any new features!! You must feel so lucky, Verizon customers!

Why does it POSSIBLY take 4.5 ADDITIONAL months to release the CDMA version of a phone that otherwise has the EXACT same specs as the GSM version? Just like many of you have mentioned, I am irritated because every day that passes the Nexus One is getting more and more out of date. We are one day closer to 4G networks, one day closer to Super AMOLED screens, etc. I wouldn't care about the 4 month delay if the CDMA Nexus One was going to have tangible hardware improvements, but I really doubt it will. So essentially we've had to wait four months just to change out the communication chips and antennas. Unacceptable. Unless the CDMA version somehow addresses all of the main quality issues that have been experienced with the GSM version and comes loaded with Froyo this whole debacle will continue to leave a bad taste in my mouth. But how could they do that? How could they release a new and improved Nexus One without pissing off all the T-Mob and At&t customers that JUST purchased the phone? This is what leads me to believe that this delay was all about product positioning. Verizon just wanted to sell as many droids as possible. They probably insisted on the droid getting Android 2.1 before the Nexus One released, and they probably didn't want the Nexus One to release before the Incredible since they'll be selling the Incredible (rather than google), presumably resulting in greater profit.

Yup, Verizon pretty much sucks. I seriously think the N1 is one big enigma. An overhyped smartphone that no one can get their hands on. Man, at this point, I might just wait until the new iPhone comes out. That's only a couple months from now.

Upvote 0

I couldnt have said it better myself...the surprise will be the Incredible in stores with the nexus one online threw google(three options for 2.1, while other carriers only have one), or real flash, but every other nexus would then get flash....

Upvote 0
Most of you guys are like children; no patience whatsoever. Do you know how many other phones coming out for other carriers are keeping other people waiting? You guys need to calm down. The phone will be out when it's out, until it is just stay seated and wait for an announcement.

could i borrow some of your patience.

Reactions: kkaiser48
Upvote 0
Most of you guys are like children; no patience whatsoever. Do you know how many other phones coming out for other carriers are keeping other people waiting? You guys need to calm down. The phone will be out when it's out, until it is just stay seated and wait for an announcement.

How about you read my post a few entries up. It explains how this isn't about patience. The frustration is that, in my mind, Verizon is holding up the release of this phone for marketing reasons and not technical reasons. That is a disservice to their customers. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and the CDMA version of the phone will have significant improvements over the GSM version.

Upvote 0

really? name one phone that is keeping others waiting that isnt only on one carrier. that's the difference

Upvote 0
Whats to release? We are not even sure they have it or it's been tested for release on there network. With the fiasco with TMO it doesn't surprise me. If there isn't some sort of problem it would have already been released. Has nothing to do with marketing, the phone is ageing everyday it is delayed. Beta round 2 here we go again.

Upvote 0
has anybody else decided to give up on the Nexus and just play Verizon's game and get the Incredible?

Not a chance. If it comes down to these two, I'll wait! Just not too much longer... I have a Droid right now, but I reallly want the Nexus so it has to come out soon! Come on Verizon! Quit playing games with my heart! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones