• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One on Verizon

adrenalinerush12

Nov 27, 2009
Okay, as of now, I have a Droid Eris on Verizon. We have a family plan and I am the only one with the data plan (as I'm the only one with a smart phone in my family.) Now we bought all new phones with a 2 year contract and family plan with the addition of my data plan for the Eris.

Now my question is, when the Nexus One comes out for Verizon, will I be able to purchase the N1 and swap it out with the current Eris I have on that data plan line? (Since I already have the plan set up like I want). Or will I have to do a whole new contract with just that phone or what? (Hoping to just swap and give my girlfriend the Eris). We've only had this contract since December of last year so hoping by this December I can get the N1.

And if I can swap, will I have to pay the full $530 to buy the phone then take it to Verizon and change the phones over, or what? Because I've heard Google is doing all the stuff, not Verizon. So how will this work?

Thanks.

Yes, you can buy whatever phone you want, and the same data plan applies to all of the "advanced" smart phones (verizon iPhone will also use the same data plan this summer). But unless you qualify for upgrade pricing you will be paying retail.

I'll be paying retail for either the N1 or iPhone on Verizon this summer just to get rid of the physical keyboard that my droid has.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I just can't seem to be satisfied with my Eris. My girlfriend loves it, so I'll give it to her. I guess I'll be working a lot to make up that $530.. Maybe it will be a little cheaper by Christmas. Haha.

Don't expect such a quick price drop on that phone...especially Christmas Time! Nexus One and Iphone 4G will be the 2 best sellers for Verizon in 2010.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones