• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Question

LaptuaZ

Lurker
Jan 26, 2010
So I talked to a t-mobile rep and asked him if I was able to get an upgrade, and the answer was no, not for 7 months :( Which is kinda odd because I got the G1 right when it came out and my wife got her myTouch when it came out and she is able to get an upgrade, but anyways, thats not the problem, here is the deal, since my wife is able to get an upgrade, I wanted to use her upgrade and get the nexus one, and simply...take her phone (the new nexus one) and use my sim card in it. The rep told me that the phone is tied to the phone number of the account whom you bought it through...so that means that even if I used my wifes upgrade, no other phone number/sim would work in it? That is my question...Anyone heard of this?

FAMILY PLAN!!! NOOOOOooo....SO yeah, I just checked my plan type and I have a "FamilyPlan" for some reason...and for whatever reason after that, Google does not allow you to upgrade your phone if you have a family plan...only individual plans, SO that means if I want a Nexus One phone, I would have to change my plan type and split up my wife and my phone plan...Is this worth it? Not sure about that one...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones