1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Nexus One Sold Via Online-Only

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by hth715, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hth715

hth715 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    1L
    Columbus / Erie / Cleveland

Advertisement

2. mcosmi

mcosmi Member

Jan 16, 2010
    wtf difference does it make if it's in the store or not. How would that affect your decision on buying the N1? I can see how this will have an impact on impulse sales because people who walk into a verizon store would be able to play with it...but most android people know what the phone is already. The intelligent people will buy it regardless...the impulse buys wont happen tho. But I dont see why you would be sad over this, or if you were gonna buy the N1 anyway, why this would possibly change your mind.

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Issues get resolved faster if you can just go to the store and exchange the phone rather than call/email and then wait for the replacement. Also, it would be better if the phone could be used with Verizon's Every 2 option. Obvious?

4. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    reducing the hate on Android and iPhone
    NYC
    Depends. Need to read the reviews first. With the droid (good phone) and incredible around the corner no need to impulse buy the n1.

5. Griggs2121

Griggs2121 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Minnesota
    I, for one, would prefer to buy it from Best Buy or Amazon Wireless so I could get a better deal.

6. Life2PointOhh

Life2PointOhh Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Mental Health counselor
    Wet, wet Seattle
    There's another post above saying much the same thing, but having never bought a phone from a retailer as opposed to off craigslist or through the VZW store I'm not sure what the benefit is. Don't get snarky on me, just asking the question.

When I get a new phone, unless I've bought it used off of craigslist, it's usually through my new every 2 which I usually manage to get upgraded early for signing a new contract. I've had 5 new phones in 2 years (I've got a 2nd line but even so a pretty good deal) which I've paid no more than $100 per phone max for. Doing that I got the 2 year price which means I paid $79 for my Eris after rebate. How can buying a phone at a Best Buy or wherever compete with that?