• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One to be Announced Monday, December 21??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, T-Mobile is offering Buy one Get one free on ANY Smartphone until December 20th.

T-Mobile offering BOGO on all smartphones until December 20 Boy Genius Report

Could this be a way to lure people into a contract before announcing a union between themselves and Google's Nexus One?

It would make sense considering that if the rumored release date of January 5th is correct, then they would need to make an official announcement in the coming days.

What are your thoughts?

Is this simply a holiday special, or a way to lock some people into some data plans before a big announcement?

The BOGO is a means of dumping a cache of useless inventory. It hopes to do this by offering an incentive to buy a phone that is not only obsolete but inferior even when it was current. It's like trying to make an unfortunate looking person attractive...you add jewelry!

They should just apologize for insulting the consumer with those feature short embarrassments and join the Big Boyz in the Battle Royale of Android releases.

Upvote 0
First you call him stupid and now a troll, calm down. He's just asking for our thoughts, nothing wrong with that.

It's probably nothing though.. we will find out on Monday.

Agreed! This is a FORUM...for opinions... everyone has a right to their own opinion and outlook. Besides, the few people here who actually are Mensa, generally keep to ourselves! ROTFLOL :p

Upvote 0
First you call him stupid and now a troll, calm down. He's just asking for our thoughts, nothing wrong with that.

It's probably nothing though.. we will find out on Monday.

Thanks kafkef. Coming from a great community over at Crackberry with over 2200 posts; I was beginning to wonder if the Android community was quite different. I know what a troll is, and I certainly am not that.

Not trying to start rumors either, just simply speculating about the amazing deal offered. For instance, Verizon has BOGO on ONE Smartphone, the Droid Eris. While T-Mobile has it on EVERY Smartphone they offer. Could be just a great deal, or something more.

Upvote 0
I am posting this before you all get out of hand ....

The poster did not call him stupid in his post ... he accused him of trolling.

The OP post has a link that is not trustworthy ... and is not proving any T-Mobile Store is offering ... and there is no release from T-Mobile confirming this.

The OP is not trolling IMO ... and is asking for others thoughts ... he is not being asked to be attacked ...

So keep your posts civil and respectful ... so no one gets infractions and possible ban.

===========
Update:

Rix did receive an infraction for calling the OP stupid in another thread...

Upvote 0
Wow...

I didn't call him stupid, I told him to stop being stupid. There's a big difference. Telling him to stop being stupid means that I don't actually think he is stupid, it's just that he's acting it. If I meant to call him stupid I would have done so.

I am posting this before you all get out of hand ....

The poster did not call him stupid in his post ... he accused him of trolling.

The OP post has a link that is not trustworthy ... and is not proving any T-Mobile Store is offering ... and there is no release from T-Mobile confirming this.

The OP is not trolling IMO ... and is asking for others thoughts ... he is not being asked to be attacked ...

So keep your posts civil and respectful ... so no one gets infractions and possible ban.

===========
Update:

Rix did receive an infraction for calling the OP stupid in another thread...
Overreaction much?

Upvote 0
Wow...

I didn't call him stupid, I told him to stop being stupid. There's a big difference. Telling him to stop being stupid means that I don't actually think he is stupid, it's just that he's acting it. If I meant to call him stupid I would have done so.

Overreaction much?

Your post has the tone that you want to do battle ... one that you will not win !!

The use of the "being" from the verb "to be" is clearly stating that the subject of the sentence is stupid by the direct state of being....

So your trying to say you weren't calling him stupid is trying to be slick ... not happening ...

Continue this battle if you think you must ... but i would suggest you just calm down ... and be civil unless you do want to be banned..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones