• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One vs XPERIA X10

Deusdies

Apr 26, 2010
Hey!

So, I almost decided to buy Nexus One, when I found out about XPERIA X10. The phone looks amazing and I love the big screen it has.

On one hand, I am (or at least was) a big fan of Sony Ericsson (had k300 and k610, both phones were phenomenal, both still work!), but I am a big fan of Google too. I use almost ALL Google services (including Google Voice extensively, all Google Apps, etc.).

I heard that X10 was pricey, but I found it online for $590 brand new (not sure if links are allowed so won't post it) which is pretty much in range with N1 after the tax.

On the other hand, Xperia X10 lacks Android 2.1 (and the update is not expected before September :eek:). I've never used an Android before so I don't know what's the difference between 1.6 and 2.1, but still... Also, I keep hearing of these issues with Nexus One etc.

Which one would you recommend? I know this may be a long shot, but has anyone had experience with both? :D

Thanks!

1) It ships with Android 1.6. The N1 ships with 2.1 and will almost certainly receive an update to 2.2 in May. You'll be lucky if you get 2.1 on the X10 by the time the N1 is on 2.5 or 3.0, so good luck with that. SE is a failure by this point when it comes to phones. They simply can't get anything out in time, and by the time it is out, it's long outdated. Case in point: the X1, X2, and the X10 itself. Releasing a Snapdragon Android these days without 2.1 is not acceptable.

2) Three homescreens. Shit.

3) Do you like blue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones