• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Weather/News Widget

Good to know, thanks.

What's so special about this one anyway? The stock HTC one (although buggy at times) looks much nicer.
The Nexus One weather widget is more convenient, IMO, since it gives you a nice graph display of hourly temperatures and precip chance %s. Plus, it's really nice to have the top news stories from numerous major news sources consolidated into a couple of different lists like 'top stories', 'sports', etc.

Upvote 0
The Nexus One weather widget is more convenient, IMO, since it gives you a nice graph display of hourly temperatures and precip chance %s. Plus, it's really nice to have the top news stories from numerous major news sources consolidated into a couple of different lists like 'top stories', 'sports', etc.

Thanks for that. Is it any more draining on the battery? Can it be set to certain intervals for auto updates like the stock HTC one?

Who else here is using the N1 weather widget? Just curious.

Upvote 0
I love this app... not necessarily for the widget, but the app itself. The graph with temperatures and precipitation percents is the most helpful weather app I've found. Also, it is nice to have a bunch of news together in one place sorted by category. And I like being able to create my own categories too

Upvote 0
i second this question

just download the file to the phone, will save from having to scour the market. i couldn't find it in the market either, so i just gave up. awesome widget, though. have been looking for something decent that scrolls and refreshes news. the ny times widget just stayed on 1 story unless i hit the little around, that was pointless. but it's working fine, droid inc.

Upvote 0
I found this apk from another site so If anybody wants a nexus one weather/news widget I attached it here. It works with the Incredible. You just need to put the apk in the sd card, download AndExplorer from the market and install it.

I've had this widget since April. I use it mainly for the news. It gathers news from Google. I like it.

Edit: To the best of my knowledge this app is not available in the AppMarket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones