• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One/ Widget Locker question

Sep 1, 2010
Hey all.

I just bought my first Android on Friday and absolutely love it! I decided to go with the Nexus One after hearing good things and wanting one for some time.

Now, since I'm new to Android, what can I do to get better battery life on my Nexus? I'm used to having a four year old blackberry that I'd charge once a week... But then it also didn't have wifi capabilities.

Question number two: I downloaded the Widget Locker app. It's ALWAYS in the notification list. even when I kill it with Advanced Task Killer... Is there some way to get rid of it? I really like the app but I'm constantly irritated by seeing something in my notifications.

Thanks for any help!

tl;dr: How do I maximize battery life / Get rid of Widget Locker notification?

Upvote 0
For battery life, check in Settings>About Phone>Battery Use.

If there is nothing funny going on then it will probably be the display which accounts for a large percentage of the usage. My advice is to set the screen brightness to the lowest you can comfortably use - I have mine at around 40% and turn it up when in sunlight.

If you later go on to root your phone you can use apps such as SetCPU which can be used to lower the clock speed of the processor under certain conditions. This also can help with battery life.

Otherwise, understand that the Nexus One has a large bright screen and runs many more processes than your old Blackberry. Most users need to charge their N1 most nights.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones