1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus one wont boot !

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by merrin101, Aug 15, 2010.

1. merrin101

merrin101 Lurker

I've tried hard reseting, nandroid restores and wiping all my data but my phone still wont boot

I had cyanogen 6 Rom installed on it and when I turned it on this morning the usual animation came up but after a minute it froze and kept restarting. I then tried all the things above and now it only gets the first solid looking X image and it doesn't move on to the animation. I have a feeling it was Rom manager that caused this as I clicked fix permissions last night.

Any help would be much appreciated and I hope this is in the right place (I'm new to this site)
    Thanks

2. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

Since you can still get into recovery, you can still save the phone.

Here is what I would try:

• Download and put the latest ROM (your choice) on the root of the SD Card.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Wipe EVERYTHING (Data/Cache/Battery/Rotate) I mean EVERYTHING
    • Reboot back into recovery
    • Wipe AGAIN (EVERYTHING)
    • Flash re-downloaded ROM
    • Reboot

This is a trick I used bback in the G1/NT3G days when a ROM went sour or a bad load. The wipe/reboot/wipe trick seems to give it some extra ooomph on cleaning up any messes left behind.

Let me know if that helps. Be sure to re-download the ROM just to make sure it is a valid download. Better safe than sorry.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews