• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus restarting and reactivating by itself?

streetfish

Dec 18, 2011
The Dirty
Hey guys, I noticed that my phone is restarting by itself and then it comes back up it says 'Activation Complete' and I hit 'next' like when you first got the phone and then everything is back to normal (until it happens again). I have not noticed any ghost dialing or anything like that. It seems to happen when I go into an area or poor/no coverage, about once a day.

I am on rooted on CNA with franco kernal - version 4.0.3 with the 4.0.3 radios. I know, a lot of factors here that could be causing the issue but was just wondering if anyone had the same thing happen to them and or what it might be.

It could be "ghost dialing" and you don't notice it. Sounds like that is what its doing. If the phone can't get a signal (you say you are in an area with no signal?) the phone will try to update its PRL (*22899). I had it happen when Verizon had that outage back in December.

Also, a few people have reported this happening regularly without losing signal... so it could be a phone or SIM problem as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones