1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nexus S 4G vcard issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jediknight36, Jun 19, 2011.

1. jediknight36

jediknight36 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Video Editor/Film Maker
    Lewisville TX
    My wife has a brand new Nexus S 4G and it really operates very differently than my Evo does. Sometimes, its frustrating. One thing we have found very frustrating is that on our Palms, Sanyo flip phones, and even my evo, we could send and receive vcards of contacts. So I sent one to my wife and in her stock text messaging app it shows up as media that is playable. The attachment looks like a play button, but wont open or download. So I emailed her the contact, as a vcard, and it wont download or open the attachment. When clicked, it gives a message saying "Fetching attachment" then "This attachment cannot be displayed".

How do I open and import vcards on the Nexus s 4G? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. GhostRed

GhostRed Member
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Have you tried sending it via email instead of text? This might be a limitation of the Messaging app, not the phone.

*edit* Also, Vcard format might be something that is actually added via an add-on.

Certain manufacturers include apps/plugins, etc. on their phones (example: Swype) that aren't necessarily Android defaults but can be easily added in the Market.

3. jediknight36

jediknight36 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Video Editor/Film Maker
    Lewisville TX
    Yep! LOL. That's what i was thinking, but I wanted to see if anyone else with the phone had the issue. We saw some apps on the market, but none would open the vcard. And as an attachment, it will not download or save to the usb partition.

4. GhostRed

GhostRed Member
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I'd try finding support via and independent dev (as in non-app market).

Even Swype, which is included on the Droid phones, among others, *stock* is actually still in Beta and not available without joining their beta program:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

It's entirely possible (likely, even) that someone else has created a workaround to add support for this.

Tags: