1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Nexus S as iPod/Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bluedunn, Mar 30, 2011.

1. bluedunn

bluedunn Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Hi-

I'm currently using an iPhone 4 on Verizon and really want to switch to (and like) the Nexus S. My one real concern is that I will miss the seamless integration of the iPod in the iPhone. I listen to alot of music and podcasts on my car stereo and don't want to lose the functionality the iPhone provides so I'm wondering if there will be a trade off if I switch to the Nexus S?

How difficult is it to sync a Nexus S with iTunes, which is what I use to manage my music library currently.

Are podcasts difficult to subscribe to and play on the Nexus S?

What's the best way to listen to music and podcasts over a car stereo with the Nexus S (I have a Sony Xplod system w/o bluetooth)

Advertisement

2. phillevy

phillevy Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    There is an app called Doubletwist which I believe will sync with iTunes - I haven't used it myself though. Integration with Apple aside though, with some software modification (known as the Voodoo sound hack), the Nexus S is has most fantastic sounding headphone amplifier and will sound in a different league to the iPhone - if you like your music through headphones/line out, then this alone is a compelling reason to get the NS.

3. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Doubletwist is great, it's by far the best music app for what you're needing. If you pay the $4.99 you can sync over Wi-Fi too which is nice.

4. dhend25

dhend25 Member
    None

I had the same concern when I left my iphone 3G w/AT&T a month ago and opted for the Nexus S (which I love by the way!).

I too downloaded the free version of "Double Twist" and used my USB cable to connect my phone to my laptop. I was very nervous about this, but the interface was somewhat similar to itunes. I hit the sync music button on double twist and within a few minutes I had all my music (only 300 songs) ported over to my phone and the double twist program on my laptop.

I'm not very technically oriented, but it was totally effortless. I skipped the "over the air" paid version because a lot of reviewers said they had trouble with it.

Anyway, I wouldn't be that concerned about your music and the nexus s.

It's a great phone!

dh

5. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    You can use the app Google Listen to play and subscribe to podcasts. The one nice thing is that you can also subscribe to podcasts with Google Reader and they sync to Listen.

Tags: