• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help nexus S battery usage, this is normal?

lckuok

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Odd thing about my battery life performance, my phone last just about 1x hours, with just regular usage (just 3g and google sync)

my display is taking up 57% of my usage, while voice call is 17%, cell standby is 9%

2h 25m 50s on battery,
the screen is on 23m 15s
voice call is 5m 22s

my phone is the 9023 version, running on cm7 nightly 88, is this normal? or is there any way i can check what's using up my display?

Thanks

it was about the same when before i switched from 7.0.3 stable

the problem is i'm wondering if i flash back to stock 2.3.3 (i can't find the 2.3.4 anywhere), do i lose everything or do i just lose the root?

i'm thinking resetting the phone might solve this issue (i didn't do a backup right after i install Clockwork -_-!)

Upvote 0
Hi there! Maybe it makes sense to try using Advanced task killer app, and also try to use an extended battery? There are plenty on the market from mugen power for example.
I have a mugen power 3300mah battery. Bought it after I read a review on XDA developers and here as well.

You should never recommend a task killer. Task killers can kill processes that don't need to be killed. (system processes, etc.) It can also be detrimental to the health of your phone. Android 2.1+ manages task killing really well.

Upvote 0
very interesting article thanks for sharing.

I'm using juice defender now and it's really helping, but i'll try the drain battery method and see if i can get more out of it.

still averaging about 1 charge per day but i can keep it alive till midnight. which is much better.

Upvote 0
Hi there! Maybe it makes sense to try using Advanced task killer app, and also try to use an extended battery? There are plenty on the market from mugen power for example.
I have a mugen power 3300mah battery. Bought it after I read a review on XDA developers and here as well.

All killers don't work on gingerbread, you cancel and it then restarts so don't bother. Couldn't get a day out of mine either. I'm a heavy God, email and web user, I restricted this slightly but best thing I did was out on apn Droid. Thus turns everything off and doubled my usage over night.

Upvote 0
-task killers : why kill a process on NS when it shows less available ram after killing it ? [ex. : killing the google sms app]
-as for the build no. ,i have #112 and i get full 2 - 2+ days of battery [talking ,playing ,web browsing and everithing ,but no too excessive] and the screen takes like 39% ,cell 19% system 2% & other stuff 5-6% ,so there is an average over all the used apps and the *% changes all the time !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones